Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone actually surprised by this?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Is anyone actually surprised by this?

Okay, it was the Raiders. It was an ugly, embarrassing, ridiculous loss to a terrible team. But this is (unfortunately) what the Steelers do best. Play down to terrible teams. They've done it for as long as I can remember, which, granted, isn't a very long time in the grand scheme of things, but you get the picture. This trend for the Steelers probably won't be very good for us this season as we play a lot of ****** teams. But really, was anyone surprised that we played terribly today?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Not suprised at all. Check back on some of my post.

My Mood
    Addicted
    considering Ben had a monster game, yes, I'm surprised...our Defense, stupid penalties, and turnovers is what hurt us most today...Our offense was damn near flawless with the exception of the Dwyer fumble and stupid penalties

Look back, some of us have been calling this all week. We all knew it was a trap game, we were just secretly hoping the Steelers would quit this ridiculous "playing the competitions level" BS. Guess what, they haven't.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Steelers were up by 10 in this game at one point....Its all on that old man and his sorry defense....sorry but it is....time for Dick to retire.....

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    No..here's the truth

They had no running game to help them sustain drives in the second half. We had the lead for most of the second half. If we had a running game of some kind, any kind, we could have picked up a couple of those first downs we needed. We you have a lead, you lean on your running game to help you keep the ball. That's what the Texans do all the time.

And Dick Lebeau needs to think about giving it up. Seriously. This was an awful, awful loss.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 09-23-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Starter
    Let's all chill. Our D is way too soft, we all know that. It could be an execution problem, not a scheme problem. However, I agree, there does need to be some adjustment. I am convinced that Raiders performance was an anomaly. Minus the fumble, we win. That was a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Steelers were up by 10 in this game at one point....Its all on that old man and his sorry defense....sorry but it is....time for Dick to retire.....

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    All of a sudden, Carson Palmer is a freaking superstar in he second half? Where was the pass rush in the second half??
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Not surprised at all. Not only is the defence lacking abit more talent than it usually has, it seems to be lacking some cohesion...the offence works as a unit, every player doing their part (bar the RB's), but the D' just looks like 11 dudes running around independently, there is no gel, no focus. I dont know if this is a talent problem or just a scheme problem? Considering i think most of the D are very good players, it seems to me like a scheme problem. I've never been one to bash LeBeau before, but it seems to me like he isnt getting the best out of the talent he has...Wood, McLendon, Heyward, Timmons, Cortez and a few more are primed to succeed, they just arent being used in the correct way...its ****ing frustrating!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    All of a sudden, Carson Palmer is a freaking superstar in he second half? Where was the pass rush in the second half??
    I'm so glad Timmons received that contract extension...Last year the excuse for him was well he was being moved from OLB to ILB but this year he is in his normal ILB position and Timmons hasn't done anything besides ring Dirty Sanchez's bell......Timmons is really average at best........I love Woodley but really he isn't earning his pay check right now either but at least he does have a couple sacks.....The DL is average at best.....Unless James Harrison can stay healthy and find the fountain of youth this defense won't have any consistent pass rush all season......

Thread Information