Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With Wallace back, does Sanders still have a big year?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

With Wallace back, does Sanders still have a big year?

This is a huge year for Emmanuel Sanders, he'll be a Restricted Free Agent after this season. Antonio Brown already has his contract, and Mike Wallace will be looking for his payday too.

If Sanders is able to have a big year, losing Wallace wouldn't be quite as devastating as it potentially will be if you know what I mean.

With Wallace already having 2 TD's and Brown clearly settled in as the other starter, who knows if Manny will be able to have anything close to 1,000 yds this year. He says that's his goal for this season, and if Ben throws for atleast 4K again then the chances are there. However, Roethlisberger is spreading the passes around each week so far and that's likely to continue in the future. Passing to 8-10 different targets each week doesn't allow you but a handful of chances to make big yards.

His best chance will be to get as many yards after the catch as he can because he's going to get a lot of the short to intermediate passes.

My Mood
    Addicted
    with the way the offense looks, like it's gonna spread the ball around, he may not have the stats but he should have the impact. there may be lower numbers across the board for #17 and #84 because of the offense...not to mention the added emphasis of getting #83 the ball. but their numbers won't live up to their IMPACT.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

he just has to make a few big plays and then he will get more targets, pretty much how brown made himself into a starter. I can see him getting a solid 4-5 catches a game, hes just gotta make the most of them

Banned
    He's been pretty big on 3rd downs. I know that 5 of his 7 catches have been for 1st downs. He'll get favorable matchups in the slot each week. He'll be a solid contributor.

I never really expected Sanders to have a "big" year. I knew Wallace would report eventually and figured Brown would have another studly year. I expected, and still do, Manny to have a solid role in the offense, but not to have a big year...if that makes sense.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Yeah, I agree.....Sanders will have the opportunity, he just has to make the plays when his number is called. The potential is definitely there for him to have a 'break out' year. Teams know what Wallace and Brown can do, so they'll utilize their best DBs against those two. Sanders might fly under the radar until teams see how good he really is or can be.

I just hope like hell that he doesn't get injured.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Sanders is pretty damn good -- when healthy...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I've always known Sanders has had the talent, but not the opportunities. With that said, I think he'll have two to four games where he's a major factor. But I don't see how we hold on to him long term because he's too talented. And I'm sure other teams are aware of him too. But I don't see that big a year ahead of him. But good luck to him. I hope he has some amazing games this year.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I've always known Sanders has had the talent, but not the opportunities. With that said, I think he'll have two to four games where he's a major factor. But I don't see how we hold on to him long term because he's too talented. And I'm sure other teams are aware of him too. But I don't see that big a year ahead of him. But good luck to him. I hope he has some amazing games this year.
    If he doesn't have a big year, there's no reason we can't sign him to an extension this offseason.

Banned
    Sign him and Wallace. I really dont want to see them let Wallace walk. Sanders can be an impact if he can stay healthy.

Thread Information