Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiders have serious secondary problems; opportunity for Ben to have a big day

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cool Raiders have serious secondary problems; opportunity for Ben to have a big day

The Raiders have had injury issues in their secondary and now after that ugly Miami loss last weekend they are bringing in a bunch of new DB's this week to try and field some form of a secondary.

Advantage Steelers in the passing game, now let's see if Haley goes after them.

ALAMEDA -- The Raiders had four cornerbacks in for workouts Tuesday, in addition to defensive end Andre Carter and offensive tackle Patrick Brown, in the wake of their Week 2 loss in Miami.

Having lost starting cornerback Ron Bartell in the opener and likely losing Shawntae Spencer in Week 2 to a foot injury, cornerbacks Darius Butler, Cletis Gordon, Antwaun Molden and Kevin Thomas were evaluated by the personnel staff.

Carter, the former Cal star and onetime 49er, got a look during training camp also as the club monitors how he has progressed from a torn quadriceps which ended his season with the New England Patriots in 2011.

Butler, originally was a second-round draft pick by the New England Patriots in 2009.

Gordon has played for six different teams after starting with San Diego in 2006, while Molden and Thomas were last with New England and Indianapolis, respectively.

With Khalif Barnes sideline for an indefinite period with a groin injury, Brown was brought in for evaluation. He most recently was with the Minnesota Vikings but also spent time with Carolina and the New York Jets.

Oakland has an open spot on the 53-man roster after waiving Nick Guess, the long-snapper signed last week as an emergency snapper in case Jon Condo couldn't face Miami. - insidebayarea.com
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 09-19-2012 at 10:13 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    i think the entire offense can get rolling in this game. if we stay balanced i think the run game can improve much over the last 2 games, and #7 should be able to have an easy time slinging it around. i really feel a blowout coming....
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

This game will be a good indicator to see if Haley is willing to adjust his gameplan based around the opponent, something BA seemed to refuse to do. Ben and our WR corps, on paper, should have a heck of a day!
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

This could be a "break out" game for Emanuel Sanders (6 catches 131 yds 2 TDs???). Or, am I asking for too much?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    i think the entire offense can get rolling in this game. if we stay balanced i think the run game can improve much over the last 2 games, and #7 should be able to have an easy time slinging it around. i really feel a blowout coming....
    This is what I see provided we go out and take care of buisness in the red zone. Get TD's, not field goals.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    This could be a "break out" game for Emanuel Sanders (6 catches 131 yds 2 TDs???). Or, am I asking for too much?
    Sounds like someone has Sanders in a fantasy league. . .

2nd String
    lol easy now guys ... Now i do hope ben for a good game and a blowout win ...

but lets not get to crazy I'm playing against Ben in my fantasy game this week ... lol so just a good game but how about LETS GET THIS RUN GAME GOING!!!!! lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    For the sake of one of my fantasy teams, I hope Ben has a big day. For the sake of the actual game, doesn't really matter. Just play smart and don't do anything dumb and the Steelers should be able to walk away with the win.

they really should be able to bully the raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Sounds like someone has Sanders in a fantasy league. . .
    Actually, I decided to take a break from ff this year. I just want him to do well this Sunday.

But based on my comment I can see how it might appear that I have him as a fantasy player.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    lol easy now guys ... Now i do hope ben for a good game and a blowout win ...

but lets not get to crazy I'm playing against Ben in my fantasy game this week ... lol so just a good game but how about LETS GET THIS RUN GAME GOING!!!!! lol
    LOL....good one.

Thread Information