Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More proof that Lebeau may be past his prime

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

More proof that Lebeau may be past his prime

Last night's game between the Falcons and Broncos really showed me something. The Broncos kept their defenses disguised until just before the snap and that had Manning very confused. And that is what you do to a QB that has been out of the league for an entire year. So why did Lebeau allow Manning all game long to just look over our defense and make adjustments? Even the announcer's during our game made not of how Manning was surveying our defense and we stood pat and didn't try to disguise.

I can understand you not doing it initially. But when you see Manning carving on you, don't you make an adjustment? For me, this is a sign that Lebeau is past him prime. I love him for all that he's done but I'm really feeling it's time for him to move on.

We should be 2-0 right now instead of 1-1. The defense we saw against Manning (no plan B;stubbornly sticking to a game plan that wasn't working) is the same defense we saw against the Broncos in the playoffs last year (Allowing Tebow to go over the top and not making an adjustment when he was being successful going over the top).
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 09-18-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

And were ranked 30th rushing the ball. I'm very dissatisfied right now.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agreed with someone on this forum that he should of retired after our 08 super bowl season.

Falcons played primarily nickle base disguised. Lebeau still tries to stay in a 3-4 base vs spread offense such as Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers. Those QBs absolutely shred a 3-4 look and the olb can't even get to near the qb before the ball is released. There will always be a mismatch with a 3-4 vs 3+ WR formations and those QBs will find it every time. Lebeau showed he can combat this though when he used primarily dime + bump n run coverage vs Patriots last year and made Brady look like a joke. He didn't do anything similar vs Manning which is a ****ing joke in itself. Lebeau just enrages me.

Draft Pick
    LeBeau may be stuck in the glory of the 2008 defense, not realizing that other teams having studied and figured out those schemes over the past four years.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    TIME FOR A CHANGE
    Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau showed off yet another wrinkle, a 4-2-5 configuration in which outside linebackers LaMarr Woodley and Chris Carter came off the field. Yes, it was a four-man line for the Steelers.

“Something new, something new,” Woodley said. “It worked the few plays I saw it.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz26poXb3md

Thank you Blitz. But this is AFTER we lost the game to the Broncos. Why can't we make adjustments DURING the games? Like other teams do? A sign of a stubborn, old man who has designed a game plan and refuses to deviate from it. Even when it isn't working.

mike nolan is no slouch and the broncos may struggle on the road all year long. This is just overreaction to one game

It was pretty much a nickel package. 2 dl only. It worked when the Cardinals did this against the Pats.

Maybe K-Train.

But when a QB hasn't played in a year, you give him various disguises to confuse him. That's just logical thinking. But that logic wasn't applied when we played him. We came out and showed exactly what we were going to do defensively every play with no attempt to disguise what we were doing. That's stupid.

Thread Information