Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT NEW STEELER

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

WHAT NEW STEELER

Reminds you most of an OLD STEELER from the 70's ????????
    For me it's Polamalu,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Puts me in mind of Donnie Shell & Mel Blount

little before my time

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben reminds me of Terry Bradshaw in some ways. Terry was a gunslinger, took chances, hung his WR's out for the kill at times...but never lacked in confidence, heart, or toughness. Im not saying Ben is on Terry's level yet by any means but he could be when it's all said and done if things work out.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Ben reminds me of Terry Bradshaw in some ways. Terry was a gunslinger, took chances, hung his WR's out for the kill at times...but never lacked in confidence, heart, or toughness. Im not saying Ben is on Terry's level yet by any means but he could be when it's all said and done if things work out.
    Give him A Stallworth and Swann and Ben could be
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    Give him A Stallworth and Swann and Ben could be
    He's already got a Hines; now he needs his Santonio to come up big for him consistently and he should be good

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    well never lacked in confidence doesn't fit ben at all, he lacked it all year, that's why he was a bitch falling all the time and being afraid to run............and i wouldn't want a bradshaw type player now, bradshaw wouldn't even be on a team if he in this era............

i can't answer the question though i was born in 85
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Gold Standard

Whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    well never lacked in confidence doesn't fit ben at all, he lacked it all year, that's why he was a bitch falling all the time and being afraid to run............and i wouldn't want a bradshaw type player now, bradshaw wouldn't even be on a team if he in this era............

Koopa......That last statement is soooooo not true! Bradshaw was a great QB and I am sorry you didn't get to watch him play. The man had a CANNON for an arm and was a 2 time Superbowl MVP. He is in the Pro Football HOF and he led the Black & Gold to 4 championships! He was a clutch player who played his best when it counted (just ask the Raiders or the Cowboys). I always thought that Terry reminded me of John Elway (same build and same strong arm). To say he wouldn't even be on a team if he played in todays game is just not a true statement! Terry is one of the main reasons coaching legend John Madden retired with only 1 championship! He is part of the reason the Steelers are considered one of the best franchises EVER!

Koopa......please don't bash the ICONS!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

The toughness and attitude and talent of Bradshaw is something I would want in any of today's QB's. He wasn't afraid to take a hit and stood in the pocket till the WR got open; all be it sometimes too long but you can accuse any QB of that at times but the point is..Ben's confidence did waiver a bit during the season but he always got out there and kept fighting and you have to admire that attitude; he just didn't execute all the time properly because he was either running for his life or getting hit all the time, lost alot of playing time in the offseason, any number of factors we all know of. I'll take a Bradshaw type QB any day !
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 01-28-2007 at 06:51 PM.

HOW COULD YOU

Say crap like that about a player you havent even watched play !
    He had a cannon for an arm & he's a steeler legend
    He also took massive hit's back in the day & would get back up and continue playing,,,,,,,,,,,You should be commenting about 2-days QB's and there beloved SLIDE and how Defenses can't touch a QB without drawing a 15 yard penalty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Damn right kid, you're not qualified to compare the current players with the ones who played before you were even born. All you're going by are stats, which can be blinding at times. Look at Dan Marino with stats up in the stratosphere, but NO Super Bowl titles. It's the final results that matter... 4 SB titles. So, don't dis Bradshaw or any other Steeler before 1985
    Last edited by 58Lambert; 01-28-2007 at 10:20 PM.

A ton of thanks goes to both HouseOfSteel and TopGun for my cool avatar and sig!!
    Thanks also to BlacknGoldBleeder for referring me to this site.

Thread Information