Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT NEW STEELER

Bookmark and Share
    OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Let's not forget that Bradshaw called his own plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i can't answer the question though i was born in 85
    Damn right kid, you're not qualified to compare the current players with the ones who played before you were even born. All you're going by are stats, which can be blinding at times. Look at Dan Marino with stats up in the stratosphere, but NO Super Bowl titles. It's the final results that matter... 4 SB titles. So, don't dis Bradshaw or any other Steeler before 1985
    Last edited by 58Lambert; 01-28-2007 at 10:20 PM.

A ton of thanks goes to both HouseOfSteel and TopGun for my cool avatar and sig!!
    Thanks also to BlacknGoldBleeder for referring me to this site.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Lambert View Post
    Damn right kid, you're not qualified to compare the current players with the ones who played before you were even born. All you're going by are stats, which can be blinding at times. Look at Dan Marino with stats up in the stratosphere, but NO Super Bowl titles. It's the final results that matter... 4 SB titles. So, don't dis Bradshaw or any other Steeler before 1985
    no **** i'm going by stats, i never said i was going by anything else....if you'd notice i kept only talking about his stats..... damn old ppl, getting y'alls panties all tied in a bunch
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SIMPLE THREAD

This was soppose to be compare old steeler to new steeler and KOOPA had to talk "stats" about the best steeler QB to date !
    Stats don't mean a thing if you ain't got that RING or should I say RING'S,,,,,,,,,,

House of Steel
    Peyton Manning is a true reminder of Bradshaw, a gun-slinger. John Elway, same thing, Brett Favre in his prime, same scenario. You, my friend, are dead wrong in your arguement. Bradshaw would dominate anyone in this league. I don't care what you say, Put the 1974, 1975, 1977, and 1978 Steelers team on the field with today's team, that is not even a matchup. Steelers dominate by a mile and then some.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    According to you, why is Peyton Manning going to the Super Bowl for? Isn't he a gun-slinger too who can't outrun the "speed of these guys"?!?! Nice argument DUMBASS!!
    what???? peyton is not a gun slinger, he doesn't just throw the ball and make crazy plays.....peyton is a very smart player and puts the ball on the money and doesn't take crazy *** chances like bradshaw did...... i don't understand how you can't get that through your head...... are you stupid or something???

and, what does the speed of the qb have to with it?? i didn't say bradshaw is slow..... i guess i got to explain all the way when i talk about the speed of defenses.....i thought it was obvious what i was talking about....but i forget you are a slow person.....what i mean when i talk about the defenses being faster now is, that they react to everything much faster, the db's get to the ball much faster, which means the way bradshaw played would lead to more ints then he got, and he got a lot in his day cause he didn't care and just tried to make a play out of everything.......

you can no longer do that anymore, you have to be smart with your throws.......

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Peyton Manning is a true reminder of Bradshaw, a gun-slinger. John Elway, same thing, Brett Favre in his prime, same scenario. You, my friend, are dead wrong in your arguement. Bradshaw would dominate anyone in this league. I don't care what you say, Put the 1974, 1975, 1977, and 1978 Steelers team on the field with today's team, that is not even a matchup. Steelers dominate by a mile and then some.
    again, did you not read earlier when i said in todays game, as in the present time, as in 2007

bret favre has brought that gun slinging crazy qb style into this era, and has failed, it is pick city

so actually you bringing favre into this helps my argument, cause that style of plays will lead to a lot of turnovers

and again.....will you stop bringing the 70s teams into this....i'm not talking about them, i think they were great, and agree that they could dominate a few of these teams

but bradshaws style of play just doesn't work anymore...again you have to be smart with your throws.....bradshaw took crazy chances all the time and ended up with a lot of ints.....the same would happen if he brought that style in to todays games.......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok Koop now you sound like Hollywood Henderson when cutting on Bradshaws intelligence. I don't think Terry Bradshaw is as dumb as you think he is. He just didn't throw the ball up in the air for grabs like you claim. He just had the guts to take chances. Plus he didn't care about stats. All Bradshaw cared about was winning and he played his best in the big games.

As for comparing eras its tough to do but don't say Bradshaw would be crap today if he played. That does take away from his greatness. Plus we don't know that as fact if he would be crap if he played today.

I guess Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Ray Nitschke,Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert, Willie Lanier,Fran Tarkenton, Mel Blount and the rest of the great players from the past would be crap also today?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok Koop now you sound like Hollywood Henderson when cutting on Bradshaws intelligence. I don't think Terry Bradshaw is as dumb as you think he is. He just didn't throw the ball up in the air for grabs like you claim. He just had the guts to take chances. Plus he didn't care about stats. All Bradshaw cared about was winning and he played his best in the big games.

As for comparing eras its tough to do but don't say Bradshaw would be crap today if he played. That does take away from his greatness. Plus we don't know that as fact if he would be crap if he played today.

I guess Johnny Unitas, Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Ray Nitschke,Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert, Willie Lanier,Fran Tarkenton, Mel Blount and the rest of the great players from the past would be crap also today?
    aww here we go, i didn't say he stupid, i said from what i've read.... why can't y'all ppl read correct??? ****......

Thread Information