Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Early thoughts on Raiders game and week 3...

Bookmark and Share
    This screams trap-game to me.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Game will likely be closer than it "should be", but I see the Steelers and their ball control offense coming together this week to put up some scores. The Raiders are always fast, they have McFadden, so they will always have a punchers chance. As long as the line gives Ben time to execute the offense, I think the Steelers will be fine.

Defensively, the Raiders O-line is not great, Palmer is virtually stationary at this point in his career so they should have some opportunities to knock him around a little bit. Harrison and Troy play, it would take a Steelers implosion to lose this game.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    This screams trap-game to me.
    Not a trap game. It would be a trap game if we had won both. I would have to think that the team will be focused for this one. Maybe that's the homer in me. But with a running game that is 30th in the league, you can't afford to feel cocky about anything.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Well, I'll be at the game on Sunday so I hope the gameday thread is popping off like crazy. I'm going to try and be active on the gameday forum live at the game because I need somewhere to let out my emotion! I got gifted some tickets but they're not in the greatest of sections. That, and the fact that I'll be in attendance with my Mother (raider fan), and Grandmother (Steeler fan) means no flying colors. I'm really not trying to get beer or spit thrown our way so It's really a no go. Cheering will be held to a minimum as well. It's a shame I wont be able to go all out but I am however extremely excited. It's the first time I'll be able to see the boys in the flesh! As for the game, I have a feeling its going to be closer than it should. I still think we get away with the win though. Maybe a pick six to seal the deal. It's going to be a good one! GO STEELERS

I don't know anything about the Raiders - except that they got trounced by the Fins. Thats enough for me, we win by at least 14. I will go with 27-3
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Rookie Free Agent
    Stop McFadden and we'll have no issue winning

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    the expression 'any given Sunday' does not apply to this game... I feel 100 % confident in utter domination on both sides of the ball...even if Charlie batch starts for Ben . 35-10
    Me too! But I've said that the last couple times we lost to the Raiders!
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Raiders games always scare me, not because they are better than us. That's rarely the case, we just seem to play down to them far too often. There's no excuse to lose this game, even on the road and across the country. Both teams are injured and not having key playmakers on defense especially, so it's time man up and assert the dominance we know we have.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The Raiders games always scare me, not because they are better than us. That's rarely the case, we just seem to play down to them far too often. There's no excuse to lose this game, even on the road and across the country. Both teams are injured and not having key playmakers on defense especially, so it's time man up and assert the dominance we know we have.
    I think anyone from Pittsburgh or western Pa. is going to be at their worst when in the proximity of Oakland, or L.A.
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

Thread Information