Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early thoughts on Raiders game and week 3...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Early thoughts on Raiders game and week 3...

I know it's only late Monday night but looking ahead to this Sunday there are a lot of marquee matchups that are going to take place this weekend. You got the Patriots and Ravens in Baltimore on Sunday night,the Texans are playing at Denver,and the Falcons who are destroying Manning and the Broncos tonight will visit 2-0 San Diego. And of course you got the Steelers heading to Oakland to play an Oakland Raiders team that is 0-2 and has looked bad doing so the last 2 weeks. Getting beat soundly last Monday night to the Chargers in Oakland, and getting absolutely pounded by a bad Miami team yesterday by 22 points.

Now historically the Steelers never really seem to play that well in Oakland and especially Ben who had a nightmare of a game there in 2006. So this is definitely not a game to take for granted or lightly by any means, but still looking at this match-up across the board the Steelers if they show up and play like they are capable of playing and dont beat themselves by turning the ball over and giving the Raiders opportunities in this game they shouldnt have a problem once again sticking it Carson Palmer their old buddy and getting out of Oakland with a win and a 2-1 record heading into the bye week. Once again if guys like Troy,Harrison and Mendenhall arent close to being ready to play this weekend then by all means do not play them once again. Give Troy a full 3-4 weeks or so off to heal up completely and give Harrison another few weeks with his knee so both of them are good to go after the bye week on October 7th when the Steelers host the Eagles.

The bottom line is the Steelers I think have the favorable schedule this week out of all of the teams in the division and have an excellent chance to be in 1st place by a game on both Cincy and Baltimore at the bye week. I dont think the Bengals will beat RG3 and the Skins in their home opener Sunday,and I think the Ravens will have a hard time beating the Patriots who rarely lose two in a row under Belichick and Brady. So as long as the Steelers take care of business Sunday in Oakland they have an excellent chance to be at top of the division come the bye week and heading into October with a pretty favorable schedule to start the month...

Draft Pick
    the expression 'any given Sunday' does not apply to this game... I feel 100 % confident in utter domination on both sides of the ball...even if Charlie batch starts for Ben . 35-10

I can see it being closer than it should be... But if the dolphins can obliterate them with that offense an defense, it shouldn't even be close. I see a big day from Ben and the receivers.

Basicially, what Big T said.

I have a feeling the game will be much closer than it needs to be, but we should certainly win. The biggest thing, besides the W of course, will be getting everyone out of Oakland healthy.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    The game will be close if we don't jump on them early. I'm down here in Raider country and the Raiders and their fans have been pointing to this game for 3 months. This is the first game that sold out for them. Raider fans in Los Angeles are caravaning up to Oakland this week in a big way for this game. We need to punch them in the mouth, go up on them 14-0 and they will fade away. But if we come out making turnovers, giving them reason to stay inspired, it will be just like the last time we came to Oakland. A loss. It would be a real blessing if we could find a running game.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

can we stop #20?? If not it could be a long day... Palmer is used to playing us so advantage them there..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    Oakland's secondary is supposedly very poor. This would be a good game to start taking more shots down field.

Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    the expression 'any given Sunday' does not apply to this game... I feel 100 % confident in utter domination on both sides of the ball...even if Charlie batch starts for Ben . 35-10
    Wow....dude, I love your confidence. (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    can we stop #20?? If not it could be a long day... Palmer is used to playing us so advantage them there..
    Haley has played them more than us over the past years.. with KC and Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Haley has played them more than us over the past years.. with KC and Arizona
    True, never even crossed my mind... Good looking out!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information