Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers have a good chance to go into the bye week in 1st place in the division...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater

Steelers have a good chance to go into the bye week in 1st place in the division...

First off, very impressive win today by the Steelers as they really took it to the Jets and pretty much wore them out by the 4th quarter. Ben played great and really made some tremendous throws and plays. The Steelers now have an excellent chance to go into the bye week at 2-1 as they get ready to go into Oakland next Sunday to face a Raiders team that got absolutely pounded today by a bad Miami Dolphins team by 22 points. The Raiders dont look good at all and as long as the Steelers dont take anything for granted next Sunday they should be able to go in there and win that game without too much of a struggle.

Meanwhile, the Ravens next week after their loss today to the Eagles now have to play the Patriots next Sunday night who are going to very very pissed off after losing to Arizona today. And we know that Belichick does not lose back to back games very often and his teams always bounce back very strong after they lose especially Brady. And the Bengals have to go play RG3 on the road in the Redskins home opener which is not going to be an easy game at all.

So with all that being said, the schedule sets up very well for the Steelers next week to beat the Raiders and hopefully the Ravens lose to the Patriots and the Bengals lose to the Skins and the Steelers can go up on both of them by a game going into the bye week. No reason to rush Troy back either next week or Harrison with the bye week up after next week's game. Get both Troy and Harrison and even Mendenhall healthy for the Eagles game after the bye week. After watching the Ravens and Flacco falter once again at crunch time I still am not convinced they are better then the Steelers.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Another year, another Troyisabeast extensive scenario post. I've missed it.

I was so so unimpressed with the Ravens today, mainly with the offense...well, mainly with Joe Flacco. He looked worse than I've seen him in a while. Very mediocre.

Steelers have a good chance to go into the bye week in 1st place in the division...

Baby steps..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Hey Latrobe,told ya the Eagles would put up a fight and then some with the Rats.
    They aren't a bad team,they make stupid mistakes though and it almost cost them.
    I just wanna say thanks Eagles for beating the Rats! Good day of football all around today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    Hey Latrobe,told ya the Eagles would put up a fight and then some with the Rats.
    They aren't a bad team,they make stupid mistakes though and it almost cost them.
    I just wanna say thanks Eagles for beating the Rats! Good day of football all around today!!!
    I loved every second of it too! Good call!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

There's a lot of football left, and the Rats play us balls out every year. I think we'll split with them and the rest of the year will really come down to injuries. When 100% strength, this is going to be one the tougher teams to beat in the league.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Like the way we took the Jets to the woodshed in the second half. But we can't let up. We've got to lay the same smack down on the Raiders next week.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Also..........same old Flacco. I still think he's a bum.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Also..........same old Flacco. I still think he's a bum.
    Makes me so happy to see him reveal his true self.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Ornery
    Made me sick to hear Cowher proclaim Flacco an elite QB.......
    The Tradition Continues!!!

Thread Information