Thread: Vectors..

..:: SIXBURGH ::..

Vectors..

I've been admiring vector art for a while so I took a stab at it. I'm no where near done with it, but I think it looks decent.

Here's an example of a vectorized image of Jack Nicholson, for those who don't know exactly what vector art is.

original

vectorized

The tut says to 'posterize' your image, and here's my posterized result with my image. Then you base your work off that.

I did not do the hair, jersey or facemask yet, but this is what I have so far.

Idealy, I'd say you'd use a head shot of someone, might be a tad easier. So far, unfinished mind you, the psd has roughly 560+ layers. I did the legs/arms yesterday and the helmet/face/gloves today. I think the the 'today' work came out great, the yesterday work.. eh.. needs more work.

Lemme know whatcha think..

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE
    I think its cool but I dont understand what you are going for? Like a cartoon look?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I believe that's the idea somewhat behind it, it just gives it a different look to the image; cartoon like.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Yeah, I suppose cartoonish. I dunno. I see it alot and tried to do one.

I updated the image, I did some work on the sleeve stripes.. almost time to do the jersey.. not lookin foward to that. Unless I can figure out an easier way of replicating the thousands of mesh holes.

Should be done tonight.. I think I have about 9 hours total in this, lol.. and I'm gonna redo the arms/legs.

Tha BEER Guy, Beer HEERRE
    Thats sick man that it has taken that long. But you are this far and it looks sweet by the end it should look awesome nice work man

great example of this type of work on the ESPN home page with Rex Grossman
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Thread Information