Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Brandon Stokley says Steelers defense was predictable

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #41
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,373
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Hey that's how it goes everyone has there kryptonite!

    The Pittsburgh Steelers have been in transition for acouple of years now but we are still a contender
    The Steelers D is old and slow and none of the past draft picks have been able to step up! This is the problem with drafting late. The double edge sword of being a constant contender has bit us in the ***!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  2. #42
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    The Steelers D is old and slow and none of the past draft picks have been able to step up! This is the problem with drafting late. The double edge sword of being a constant contender has bit us in the ***!!
    Is it old and slow? Or is it about scheme and matchups? Old and slow is starting to become the lazy man's analysis on the Steelers defense.

  3. #43
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Is it old and slow? Or is it about scheme and matchups? Old and slow is starting to become the lazy man's analysis on the Steelers defense.
    My wife always calls me lazy.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  4. #44
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,703
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Actually connecticutsteel, yes other teams have stopped Peyton Manning. Look at his playoff record. Some of us are upset with LeBeau because he tries the same thing against guys like Manning and Brady (except in 2011) and expects different results. I also love how you say Ben's at fault because he didn't bail the team out at the end of the game, but make an excuse for the defense when Flacco went 92 yards. DON'T LOOK OVER HERE, LOOK OVER THERE!

    Over the past 3 or 4 seasons this defense, while it was in the top 5, was far from perfect. Too many fourth quarter leads blown. A lack of in-game adjustments when it's obvious the original game plan was failing (Denver in the Wild Card game). I know the typical response: "But Arians sucked more!" Well no one here is kissing his ***, we're just holding LeBeau to a similar standard.

    What you have to understand is a team can be successful playing a certain way for a while and even win a few super bowls. That doesn't mean that style of play will be successful forever. Other teams will study and find a weakness in your style, and when they do, it's time to adapt. LeBeau's defense was the best in 2008, but since then other teams have caught on and found weaknessess in it to exploit. As DC, it's his job to make those adjustments and play to the strengths of his players.
    FIRST OFF I NEVER LIKED ARIANS.Secondly i never made an excuse for the defense on the Flacco drive i said you win some you lose some that's far from an excuse.If you read what i said it says almost every defense .it's my opinion,you have your opinion.that's the spirit of these boards no need for put downs.I can tell you like Ben by your screen name i like ben too but even he took the blame for the loss and one last question just how many points is the defense allowed to give up cause 25 isn't a lot

    old and slow the average age of the defense is 26 that's not old
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 09-14-2012 at 02:57 PM.

  5. #45
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    FIRST OFF I NEVER LIKED ARIANS.Secondly i never made an excuse for the defense on the Flacco drive i said you win some you lose some that's far from an excuse.If you read what i said it says almost every defense .it's my opinion,you have your opinion.that's the spirit of these boards no need for put downs.I can tell you like Ben by your screen name i like ben too but even he took the blame for the loss and one last question just how many points is the defense allowed to give up cause 25 isn't a lot

    old and slow the average age of the defense is 26 that's not old
    And if you're only hope on offense is having Ben bail you out in the last minute, then you win some and lose some. Lost one on sunday night, won a lot before.

    No Harrison, and probably no Troy for the Jets game. LeBeau tends to coach scared and less aggressively when Troy's out. This defense is shot right now. The offense needs to get off to a faster start. They need to establish Ben early on and not one of the RBs. They need to let him win early so he doesn't have to bail the team out in the end.

  6. #46
    Starter LevonKirkland99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Redskins country
    Posts
    1,682
    LeBesu is too old yo coach... I realize this may make people upset, but it is evident so far...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

  7. #47
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post

    Are we too predictable on defense, or was it just that Manning is Manning and leave it at that?
    The schemes used are bland, overused and/or too passive. Lebeau has done well, but in my opinion he has become complacent in his calls. It's time for some fresh, aggressive coaching. Do not expect much in the game against the Jets. The Steelers will rarely blitz, if at all. Expect to see the CBs 8 to 10 yards off the scrimmage. The offense needs to come up big.

  8. #48
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    13
    Also, is the talent really there? Have the Steelers done well in replenishing players from the Cowher era? Has anyone been impressed with Hood, Timmons, Heyward etc...? I won't bring up Woodley because people are way too sensitive about him.

  9. #49
    Veteran scudmissile29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Deep in Flacco's wife
    Posts
    2,154
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Actually connecticutsteel, yes other teams have stopped Peyton Manning. Look at his playoff record. Some of us are upset with LeBeau because he tries the same thing against guys like Manning and Brady (except in 2011) and expects different results. I also love how you say Ben's at fault because he didn't bail the team out at the end of the game, but make an excuse for the defense when Flacco went 92 yards. DON'T LOOK OVER HERE, LOOK OVER THERE!

    Over the past 3 or 4 seasons this defense, while it was in the top 5, was far from perfect. Too many fourth quarter leads blown. A lack of in-game adjustments when it's obvious the original game plan was failing (Denver in the Wild Card game). I know the typical response: "But Arians sucked more!" Well no one here is kissing his ***, we're just holding LeBeau to a similar standard.

    What you have to understand is a team can be successful playing a certain way for a while and even win a few super bowls. That doesn't mean that style of play will be successful forever. Other teams will study and find a weakness in your style, and when they do, it's time to adapt. LeBeau's defense was the best in 2008, but since then other teams have caught on and found weaknessess in it to exploit. As DC, it's his job to make those adjustments and play to the strengths of his players.
    great post.

    I want LeBeau gone, because if he is here, it's going to be the same schemes.

  10. #50
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    966
    I always feel that after that win, the Steelers have thrived on winning by messing up just a little less than the other team. Think about all of our division games with teams like the Browns and Bengals over the years. We never handle them like we should. Games against teams like the Ravens often come down to a single mistake, but common' the Browns and Bengals? I can only recall a handful of games where the Steelers fully handled a team they should have. I think it is the consensus here this team should be scoring 30 points a game, regardless of the opposing D. I am beginning to be convinced that the key to beating the Steelers is just don't make a mistake.



    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Arizona wasn't garbage that year, they were actually pretty talented on both sides of the ball in 2008. Hence they made it to the Super Bowl...

    But yes, I see your point and there really isn't an excuse to give up that kind of lead when you're the #1 D in the NFL. And yes, it has been a disturbing trend ever since.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Brandon Johnson (Cinci LB) to visit Steelers
    By ChucktownSteeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
  2. Predictable play calling in the redzone
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 08:21 AM
  3. Steelers Draft Preview: Brandon Harris
    By Phenomenal TJ in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 03:13 PM
  4. Brandon Jaccobs on Steelers
    By Steelers7fan in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 09:45 PM
  5. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •