Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Stokley says Steelers defense was predictable

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Not entirely blameless. But the offense should have scored more points. The defense held them to what, 23 points? A touchdown more and sans the interception, we win! Oh well. Maybe we can finally redeem ourselves in the playoffs, round 2!
    Oh yes, the offense should have scored more points earlier. Run, run, pass ain't going to do that though. Otherwise, enjoy watching the Steeler offense only score 19 points. If you want to score more points, gotta let Ben go to work earlier in the game. Maybe then he won't have to lead a comeback drive in the last 3 minutes and instead the Steelers would be milking the clock. Don't ask Ben to hand-off in the first half, then get angry and say he didn't do enough when he doesn't bail the team out in the end every time.

Go back to my disdain about the Steelers offense not taking advantage of the Bronco turnover in the first half. Get a touchdown and the Steelers are milking the clock with 3 minutes left. Hell, even a field goal from that could've changed the complexion of the game. Steelers go into the half up 13-7, then take a 16-7 lead mid-way through the 3rd quarter, and then a 23-14 lead later on.

Want the offense to do more? Gotta let Ben do more early on. Then later on you'll see more good ole' fashioned 70's Stiller smashmouth.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I've been saying this for a while, we have 20 plus years of tape, we need new blood in there and i don't mean KB, until we change DC's we will get the same results against Manning,Eli to because of Coughlins understanding of our D, Brady, Shannahan, etc...we need a D coordinator like Chuck Pagano, or the 40 whinners DC.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    I've been saying this for a while, we have 20 plus years of tape, we need new blood in there and i don't mean KB, until we change DC's we will get the same results against Manning,Eli to because of Coughlins understanding of our D, Brady, Shannahan, etc...we need a D coordinator like Chuck Pagano, or the 40 whinners DC.
    Butler seems to be the DC in wait. Hopefully if/when he takes over he'll shake things up a bit.

By the way, up until this point LeBeau was Teflon. Steelers' fans would never criticize him, even if it was well-deserved. Fans starting to notice disturbing trends with him?

Brandon Stokley says Steelers defense was predictable

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Butler seems to be the DC in wait. Hopefully if/when he takes over he'll shake things up a bit.

By the way, up until this point LeBeau was Teflon. Steelers' fans would never criticize him, even if it was well-deserved. Fans starting to notice disturbing trends with him?
    For me I started noticing a drop off in the SB against AZ.. been going down hill since. All the stroking by the media has seemed to of made us all blind...
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 09-13-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Lebeau is set in his ways. He's not putting in enough little wrinkles to make a difference. What Stokley said is just further proof of that. Tomlin needs to pull Lebeau's coat tail and tell him so.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Lebeau is set in his ways. He's not putting in enough little wrinkles to make a difference. What Stokley said is just further proof of that. Tomlin needs to pull Lebeau's coat tail and tell him so.
    I heard rumors (don't remember where) that Tomlin told LeBeau to have the DBs play press against the Patriots last year. If that's true, I'm not sure why Tomlin stopped telling him what to do. It also must have really stung LeBeau to have a younger guy tell him how to run his defense for a game, and then watch that younger guy be right.

My Mood
    Manic
    Who gives a crap what Brandon Stokley says if ben made two plays we wouldn't be discussing this .The loss was on Big Ben last week.He threw a fatal pick six and missed Heath wide open in the corner of the end zone.Also he had Wallace all alone by 10 yds deep down the middle of the field if and 2 of these missed opertunities was capitalized on we win the game reguardless of the pick six .Manning had only 253 yds passing and Stokely had 2 rec for 26 yrds so he can quite down. plus that game is over we should be talking on the jets game.Note to self when i think i know more about how to run a 3-4 than Dick LeBeau have my family commit me for delusions of grandeur OK PEOPLE SERIOUSLY!I'm not saying DL is the end all be all but remember Lake is the db coach so he has input,Tomlin has input.I'm certain it is based on the strength of the group maybe Allen and Lewis can't play press that well so you go with your personel's strenghths
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 09-14-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Who gives a crap what Brandon Stokley says if ben made two plays we wouldn't be discussing this .The loss was on Big Ben last week.He threw a fatal pick six and missed Heath wide open in the corner of the end zone.Also he had Wallace all alone by 10 yds deep down the middle of the field if and 2 of these missed opertunities was capitalized on we win the game reguardless of the pick six .Manning had only 253 yds passing and Stokely had 2 rec for 26 yrds so he can quite down. plus that game is over we should be talking on the jets game.Note to self when i think i know more about how to run a 3-4 than Dick LeBeau have my family commit me for delusions of grandeur OK PEOPLE SERIOUSLY!
    Connecticutsteel, do you understand that Peyton Manning led three consecutive 80-yard drives after the offense possessed the ball for long periods of time? Ben didn't have his greatest game, but to put the loss all on his feet shows a lot of ignorance. But I guess some fans still see LeBeau as Teflon. Remember yinzer nation, it's okay to rip the OC apart, but don't you dare day anything about LeBeau. Don't look over here, look over there!

My Mood
    Pimp

Brandon Stokley says Steelers defense was predictable

I love how people write it off that the defense performed poorly because it was Peyton...lol. The defense was horrible. Anyone can pass like that on that defense and they did it last year. They have no answers for the no huddle and dunk and dunk if they don't get pressure on the QB. Christ, Manning was away from football how long and he returned and dominated the Steelers D...dominated. A QB that is out of football for almost two years, shouldn't be able to dominate a defense like that.

Our defense has been predictable for the past 3 seasons. I ready for a new DC, not saying DL is bad, just need new schemes

Thread Information