Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Stokley says Steelers defense was predictable

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    Everyone is acting like he threw for 500 yards. He threw for 10 more yards than Ben. By that logic, Ben did just as well. The game was close, and if Ben did not miss a few throws, which Manning did not, the game would have ended differently. Manning did not beat the Steelers that day. Our offense did. If we would have won, and Manning had the same stats, what would we say? The destroyed the defense? No way, because he did not do that anyway.

I just don't understand how Manning hasa this effect on everyone. Don't get me wrong, he is one of my favorite QB's (honestly), but he did just enough to beat us for cyring our loud.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    It wasn't just Manning. If you give any NFL QB 'time' in the pocket, eventually he'll make you pay. Manning just made the defense pay sooner AND later. LeBeau forgot to implement what worked against Tom Brady last year (pressure and B&R coverage). I seem to recall that Harrison didn't play in that game either, but Woodley still wrecked havoc.

If you play Manning and Brady the same way you have always done, then you're going to lose as you've always done.
    Last edited by Speeed; 09-13-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Brandon Stokley says Steelers defense was predictable

Had the offense not kept him off the field he would of thrown for over 500 for sure!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Brandon Stokley says Steelers defense was predictable

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Does anyone think LeBeau is just incapable of understanding how the NFL is today? Or do you think it's more about pride, with LeBeau stubbornly clinging to the glory of the 2008 Steelers defense?

I just get the feeling that game against the Patriots last year hurt LeBeau deep down inside because that wasn't his signature defense.
    Stubborn and he's not working with the players from 4-5 years ago.. The players aren't the same!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Everyone is acting like he threw for 500 yards. He threw for 10 more yards than Ben. By that logic, Ben did just as well. The game was close, and if Ben did not miss a few throws, which Manning did not, the game would have ended differently. Manning did not beat the Steelers that day. Our offense did. If we would have won, and Manning had the same stats, what would we say? The destroyed the defense? No way, because he did not do that anyway.

I just don't understand how Manning hasa this effect on everyone. Don't get me wrong, he is one of my favorite QB's (honestly), but he did just enough to beat us for cyring our loud.
    You seriously think the defense is blameless? Three consecutive 80 yard drives from the Broncos. Let me say that again - three consecutive 80 yard drives. And that was after the offense possessed the ball for a long time. So if Ben were to have lead a comeback drive and the Steelers end up winning 26-25, it still wouldn't change the fact that the defense sucked.

I do agree that the offense needs to take some blame. They were very predictable and too conservative early on in the game. Instead of trying to stubbornly run on both first and second down they should have mixed things up and used Ben and the receivers more often, rather than wait until 3rd & long. I'm still pissed about the offense not taking advantage of the turnover the defense forced in the first half. Great field position, then run, run, sack on 3rd & long, punt.

Hopefully the offense gets more creative and the defense doesn't make Sanchez look better than he is.

2nd String
    Sensing some sarcasm mixed with sincerity in your comment . . . but for those who might absolutely think that:

Maybe, maybe not. That is a "what if" scenario. The plan was to keep him off the field. They did. The offense did not capitalize on that. The game was close, and I emphasize, Manning did not beat us. Nor did he make any spectacular throws. A very safe game from both offenses. I bet if we play that game again, we win.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Had the offense not kept him off the field he would of thrown for over 500 for sure!!

Had the defesne stopped one TD drive we'd won taking away the stupid pick 6... The defense was played like a high school slut!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2nd String
    Not entirely blameless. But the offense should have scored more points. The defense held them to what, 23 points? A touchdown more and sans the interception, we win! Oh well. Maybe we can finally redeem ourselves in the playoffs, round 2!

You seriously think the defense is blameless? Three consecutive 80 yard drives from the Broncos. Let me say that again - three consecutive 80 yard drives. And that was after the offense possessed the ball for a long time. So if Ben were to have lead a comeback drive and the Steelers end up winning 26-25, it still wouldn't change the fact that the defense sucked.

I do agree that the offense needs to take some blame. They were very predictable and too conservative early on in the game. Instead of trying to stubbornly run on both first and second down they should have mixed things up and used Ben and the receivers more often, rather than wait until 3rd & long. I'm still pissed about the offense not taking advantage of the turnover the defense forced in the first half. Great field position, then run, run, sack on 3rd & long, punt.

Hopefully the offense gets more creative and the defense doesn't make Sanchez look better than he is.

Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    In other news, the sun rose in the east...which was more predictable?
    The defense.

During the late spring and early summer, the sun can rise in the northeast. During the late fall and early winter, the sun can rise in the southeast. Only on the first day of spring and the first day of fall does the sun rise in the east.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Troy dropped in coverage they ran, Troy on the line they passed. Hmmm, not real hard to figure out what was gonna happen, lol!!

Brandon is a smarty pants!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information