Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any word on Mendenhall playing this weekend?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    the fact that they took him off the pup pretty much guarantees they think he can be back before week 6. if hes practicing fully, they will work him in
    I guess I just have my doubts. With that kind of injury, sometimes players don't return for about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    I guess I just have my doubts. With that kind of injury, sometimes players don't return for about a year.
    But he's practically already "returned"... Ya he hasn't been in a game yet but he's practicing fully, with contact. Adrian Peterson, Casey Hampton, Max Starks... Why not Mendenhall?

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    But he's practically already "returned"... Ya he hasn't been in a game yet but he's practicing fully, with contact. Adrian Peterson, Casey Hampton, Max Starks... Why not Mendenhall?
    Because running backs have to move faster and change direction while they're running. Big difference between a lineman and running backs when it comes to ACL injuries. As for Adrian Peterson, it seems like he's been ahead of Mendenhall during his rehab. Everyone is different, but in general no one should hold their breath for a return.

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Because running backs have to move faster and change direction while they're running. Big difference between a lineman and running backs when it comes to ACL injuries. As for Adrian Peterson, it seems like he's been ahead of Mendenhall during his rehab. Everyone is different, but in general no one should hold their breath for a return.
    He's literally been a week ahead if him in practically everything during the injury which makes sense since he was injured a week before Mendenhall. The reason it seems like Peterson's been so far ahead of Mendenhall is because of all the media attention surrounding Peterson's return, and lack of attention surrounding Mendenhall's. Obviously makes sense since Adrian Perterson is, well, Adrian Peterson.

Thread Information