Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any word on Mendenhall playing this weekend?

Bookmark and Share
    I didn't t think Mendenhall would heal lthis fast...no reason to rush him at this point
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    I wish we still had a brusing FB to blow holes open and have a guy Dwyers size follow thru.
    We aren't getting enough push with the lead block to get a good running game going.
    You would think the freakin Steelers of all teams know what they need for ground and pound.
    We have a good sized Fullback the problem is the holes are filled with Legursky's and Fosters

Dwyer (limited practice foot) Mendenhall Full participation. As for ACL tears there are grades of tears partial ,full it also depends on the location of the tear close to the bone in the center.These things factor into how long it will take.BTW DeCastro will play again this year because he has a grade 2 tear of the MCL (NO surgery) his surgery was to repair the patellar tendon and knee cap
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 09-13-2012 at 03:37 AM.

I reckon Dwyer's mystery injury is just a smoke screen, . . . they just don't want to risk an injury before Sunday . . .

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddabob View Post
    any news on mendenhall playing this weekend or if we know anything more on how practices are going for him?
    With Steelers halfback Rashard Mendenhall expected to be inactive again this week against the Jets, Tomlin has to decide whether to stay with Isaac Redman or go to Jonathan Dwyer as the starter. If he were healthy, Redman would start, but a hip injury might slow him down for a while. Dwyer averaged 4.8 yards per carry in Sunday’s loss to Denver and might get a chance to do more this week.

Here
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wouldn't count on them bringing Mendenhall back until at least after the bye week. Practicing fully is way different than playing in a game; the environment in practice is much more controlled. Even if he doesn't have a red "don't hit me" jersey on, guys still know he's recovering from major surgery.

There's just no need to bring him back right now with Dwyer playing well and still giving Redman a chance to get back into the swing of things.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    But I am looking forwad to having Mendy back after the bye. What a one/two punch Dwyer and Mendy would be.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Dwyer and Rainey need to get more playing time against the Jets. Use Redman as a situational back if he's healthy, that's what he's good at. Redman is NOT an every down back.

And I'm also worried that Mendy is going to try to play too early and then just get hurt again.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I knew this hip injury and ankle problem were going to come back and haunt Redman to start the year. He missed too much time in camp and preseason for it not too. Assuming Dwyer can stay healthy and on the field I like our chances for big plays in the running game.

Draft Pick
    I doubt Mendenhall comes back before week 6.

the fact that they took him off the pup pretty much guarantees they think he can be back before week 6. if hes practicing fully, they will work him in

Thread Information