Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I believe that of all the new coaches we got the Rock Star

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Gold Standard

I believe that of all the new coaches we got the Rock Star

Of all the HC hirings I truly believe we wound up with the best coach! The Rooney's need to lock up the formula they use and keep it in the safe for another 15 or 20 years. The coach the Raiders hired (Lane Kiffin...Monty Kiffins son) looked like a tough question could send him into tears in his press conference. Thats the best they could do? Anyone else see his intro? He looked scared and anything but confident. My advice to that guy is rent don't buy.......you won't be there long! Perhaps Al Davis is just waiting until next year when a lot of big name coaches become available. Marty S., Bill C.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

House of Steel
    Cowher wouldn't step into that trap of Oakland, he couldn't change that team with all the spit, chin pointing, cussing his *** out, and etc. Schottenheimer wouldn't take it either.

Gold Standard

Al Davis is getting old and desperate to win!

Granted of all the jobs that were available that was the least attractive! But I think Al Davis would sell his mother into slavery if it would get the silver and black back into prominence. He may be willing to pay the big $$$$$$$$ That could attract a lot of good coaches.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I never doubt for a second his allegiance to the Raiders and his will to win...but damn the coaches he's had since Gruden left, good grief !!

The team is a complete train wreck and Kiffin has no clue what he's getting himself into if you ask me.

Gold Standard

The job nobody wanted!

I thought it was hysterical last year when everybody they offered the job to turned it down! Only after they had gone through their entire list and been told "Hell No!" by each guy did they turn to Art Shell! He musta felt pretty special. Kinda like the geek in gym class who was always the last one picked to a team. The pick-up portion is over and the teams head off and the teacher points to that kid and says, "you just go with them!" The silver and black will not return to dominance again in Al Davis's life IMO! They were our biggest rivals in the 70's! What a shame that a franchise with such a rich winning history has slid so far down the toilet!

RAIDERS

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I never doubt for a second his allegiance to the Raiders and his will to win...but damn the coaches he's had since Gruden left, good grief !!

The team is a complete train wreck and Kiffin has no clue what he's getting himself into if you ask me.

They should've never ever let Gru----dog GO ! Somehow AL needs to give his team to a family member & let him sit back and let them get that franchise back to respectability AL is to involved with that team & the game has passed him by,,,,,,,,,So glad our owners let the GM,coach etc
    run our team

My Mood
    Addicted
    Davis called Kiffin Lance not Lane.....lol talk about not knowing who you hired, Davis just reached for something real quick like. I'm proud the Rooneys are the owners of the Steelers they have a set way of doing things and are very successful at it. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Yes, I do think the Steelers got a bigtime winner in Tomlin.

As for the Raiders job? Who do you expect them to get? No proven or respectable coach in their right mind would go work for the Raiders. Not with Uncle Al still running the team.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Gruden saw the writing on the wall and knew it wasn't going to work in the long run so he jumped ship. Granted his success in Tampa has been minimal but he sure did some positive things for the Raiders that they haven't seen since.

My Mood
    Angry
    No way Schottenheimer in Oakland.
    He's gone on the record as stating he despises the Raiders and Al Davis and he takes playing against the Raiders as a very serious-personal game so they can do every thing to beat Oakland.

Thread Information