Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Win Ever?

Bookmark and Share

Favorite Win Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I have a lot of favorite games, but I think the win over the Houston Oilers in the mid to late 80's is high on my list. A late game rally, a Rod Woodson pick-6, and a Gary Anderson field goal. We weren't given much chance to win in the 8th wonder of the world and the team went down to Houston and made them "let go of the rope". Bum didn't get to "kick the door in" that year.

A lot of great wins over the years.

C-town
    I just had a flashback to an Oilers game at Three Rivers watChing Moon pass up and down field kind of like Peyton Manning did. A not favoRite game.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Favorite Win Ever?

Sitting on beach looking at waves, I decided my favorite game is win over Dallas in Dec 09. Cowboys started celebrating their victory end of third quarter. Then we scored and Romo threw pick 6 to Deshea. Long term memory gone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Aggressive

My Social Networks

Add tgunn86 on Facebook
    I gotta go with the Ratbird of the 2008 season also. either that game or the cowboys game in 08 the one when Mike Tomlin called it a beautiful game (which it was)

Rookie Free Agent Blitzburgh_Mike's Avatar
    The 1995 AFC Championship Game when the Steelers beat the Colts to get to Superbowl XXX. Ernie Mills' catch where he dragged his foot at the 1 yard line and Bam Morris pounding his way into the endzone. And Jim Harbaugh's broken up Hail Mary (I still think somebody is going to come down with that ball every time I see the replay) in the endzone on the last play of the game. That 1995 Steelers team was my all-time favorite team. Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Jason Gildon, Levon Kirkland, Rod Woodson. Man, what a defense!

Rookie Free Agent
    It's Superbowl XLIII for me. I actually almost watched the rest of the game through the reflection in the granite in the kitchen after I got up and yelled at the top of my lungs, threw my jersey off and went in there to pout after Fitzgerald put the Cards up but as Ben began the drive, I inched my way back into the living room to see the catch that won the game. It was that game that I decided to never get all worked up over a game, not even a Steelers game and haven't since, it's better for my health The AFCCG before that with the Ratbirds is up there.

As an honorable mention, there was a game back in 95' I think where Stewart tossed a TD after what seemed like 2 minutes of running around waiting for someone to get open.

Rookie Free Agent Blitzburgh_Mike's Avatar
    "As an honorable mention, there was a game back in 95' I think where Stewart tossed a TD after what seemed like 2 minutes of running around waiting for someone to get open."

That game was against Cleveland. I remember it too that was on a Monday night. That was an unbelievable play.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh_Mike View Post

That game was against Cleveland. I remember it too that was on a Monday night. That was an unbelievable play.
    That was another game too. The one I remember I know was against the Bungles. Stewart wasn't the starting QB at that point yet either if I remember correct but then again, my memory is getting foggy as I traverse my 40's LOL. I know it was a Sunday because I was in a sports bar and was getting razzed up by the crowd the first half of that game. I got a bit obnoxious in the 2nd half but it didn't help I was 3 sheets to the wind by that point. LOL
    Last edited by Steeler4life; 09-13-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Draft Pick
    1) easily 2008 AFC championship game....best win ever...Ravens, interception Polomalo!!, and fact it was at Home, unlike 2005....we lost a lot of Big championship games at Home as we all know

2) 1995 AFC championship (at home)

3) SB Ben>Holmes

oddly 1 and 2 rank higher than SB, ive been a fan since 78

worse were 01 and 04 against Brady(hated pats b4 these games too so it was really rough)

Draft Pick
    Favorite playoff game: Super Bowl 43 - even if the Steelers did a good job of once again giving loyal fans heart attacks, it was a thrilling end.

Favorite regular season game: Green Bay 2009. Steelers win 37-36 on a last minute TD pass from Ben to Mike Wallace. Also, Ben threw for 503 yards that day.

My Mood
    Love
    Got to be steelers win over colts in the 05/06 divisional or super bowl XLIII. Both very sweet games

Thread Information