Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez is not Peyton Manning

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cool Mark Sanchez is not Peyton Manning

For everybody that is jumping off a bridge after losing last Sunday night, and you know who you are..LOL, relief is in sight this Sunday at home.

Sanchez had a good game against the Bills, there is no denying it. He was on the money, decisive, and overall played very well. He's no Peyton Manning though, and can't read defenses like Manning, Brady, or Brees can.

It was the Bills though, their revamped defense was terrible and Fitzpatrick has continued to digress from last season.

I expect we'll see Tebow in some form in this game too probably in some wildcat formation plays.

Sanchez though, there's no reason that we shouldn't be able to get an interception or two off him, especially if the defense can get some pressure in his face.

Rookie Free Agent Blitzburgh_Mike's Avatar
    Sanchez still scares me though. Sanchez is the type of quarterback that is very unpredictable. There are times when he is clicking that the Jets become a very dangerous team. Last week was no exception. While he's no Peyton Manning that unpredictable play of his stirs the pot a little bit. You never really know what you're going to get with him. We gotta get pressure on him early and often. Rattle his cage right from the start and make him force throws. That's what it's gonna take.

Tebow beat us, so sure as hell Sanchez can . . .

Sanchez is either on fire, or he sucks major donkey balls. Hopefully we get the latter.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    And we need to get Gilbert back on the O-line too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Here's the issue,

We are not putting any pressure on the opposing QB. When you run a defense that doesn't man up on the corners like we do, then it behooves you to put pressure on the QB. If you don't, you have CB's who are two yards behind the receivers just watching the receivers catching balls in front of them. I'm tired of this pussy defensive coverage in the secondary but it is what it is. So we need to get a pass rush. Hopefully a return by Harrison will bring that this weekend. Sanchez isn't Manning so he will make some mistake throws. We just need to intercept them when they happen. But we need to make Sanchez make those mistakes with a pass rush.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I think the Steelers matchup very well with the Jets and I think they should be able to run the ball and throw the ball with great success against them and put some points on the board. I look for the D to step up and play better as well and make some big plays on Sanchez. No reason at all especially after watching how bad the Raiders look last night that the Steelers shouldnt win the next 2 games and be 2-1 heading into their very short week 4 bye week...

Mark Sanchez is not Peyton Manning

Last game you wouldn't need to be manning to carve up this secondary. I'm hoping that game was a wake up!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Mark Sanchez is awful. He loves to give NYJ fans a little bit of false hope from time to time, but he's garbage. Peyton tore this team up because he knew exactly what we were doing and he got the ball out quick. You can't confuse that man. Sanchez on the other hand can be confused like an art major taking an engineering exam. We'll be fine. And I predict Woodley will have a big impact facing their human turnstiles at RT...

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Peyton tore this team up because he knew exactly what we were doing and he got the ball out quick. You can't confuse that man.
    This is exactly what happened ... nothing more, nothing less ... the commentators were even pointing it out for the people that don't understand ...

he sits at the line and waits for our Def to show their hand ... then audibles to something that will burn that blitz or whatever... he did it all night ...

Thread Information