Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez is not Peyton Manning

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm not jumping off the bridge and really I'm not upset.....But I'm going to be real I really don't have good feeling about this team.....I think the Jets are going to win on Sunday and I think this Steelers team will go 6-10.....I hope I'm wrong on both counts....But I didn't like what I saw Sunday night.......The defense is stale and predictable.....The OL looks to be another mess with injuries and musical chairs........

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm not jumping off the bridge and really I'm not upset.....But I'm going to be real I really don't have good feeling about this team.....I think the Jets are going to win on Sunday and I think this Steelers team will go 6-10.....I hope I'm wrong on both counts....But I didn't like what I saw Sunday night.......The defense is stale and predictable.....The OL looks to be another mess with injuries and musical chairs........
    While those are all legit issues right now, we just have to wait and see how this team responds. Maybe I'm wrong, but I still see 10-6 or better. We were pretty competitive against a tough Bronco team led by an all-time great in Peyton Manning.

Also consider that Wallace had just reported that week of the game, Clark was out, Harrison was out, and we still will be getting Mendy back sometime in the next month or two. There is a silver lining.

I am looking forward to where we sit at the bye week. By then we'll have a better idea of who the 2012 Steelers are.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Mark Sanchez is not Peyton Manning

I'm not giving up on my 12-4 prediction,

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

I love it how people start making excuses for loosing! ! We still lost to a guy who was rusty (presumably) and who sat on his button all of last year. He was playing marionette with Polamalu.

Stop making excuses. I think Sanchez beat us in Pittsburgh in 2010? So lets hope Tomlin is ready to coach Sunday. He can spare me all his philosophical analogies!!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I commented before I read your post,but I AGREE with you on everything yousaid. I don t have a good feeling about this team after that Sunday game. We have too many issues to fix
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't say either way yet just what type of feel this team has for me just yet. Offensively I'm honestly not real worried at this point, I like the potential of that group.

Defense, it's just too early to tell. Clark is back this week, that will help. Harrison is still up in the air and his presence makes the whole defense tougher to handle.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I can't say either way yet just what type of feel this team has for me just yet. Offensively I'm honestly not real worried at this point, I like the potential of that group.

Defense, it's just too early to tell. Clark is back this week, that will help. Harrison is still up in the air and his presence makes the whole defense tougher to handle.
    Offensively they are trying to establish a running game before they pass, which results in putting Ben in 3rd & long situations. They need to flip that and pass to set up the run. Establish you're best weapons first, then run to mix it up. If they do that, then the offense can get off to a faster start.

The defense - I don't know. They definitely aren't facing Peyton Manning this week, but LeBeau has me concerned. He just doesn't seem like he wants to adjust very often. Even if the Steelers defense keeps the Jets scoring low, it may not answer all our questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    Offensively they are trying to establish a running game before they pass, which results in putting Ben in 3rd & long situations. They need to flip that and pass to set up the run. Establish you're best weapons first, then run to mix it up. If they do that, then the offense can get off to a faster start.
    Agree 100%. I kept thinking this last week when they were forcing the run to no avail.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    In two regular season games against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Mark Sanchez is 2-0 with a QB rating of 92.00

So Sanchez isn't afraid of us whatsoever. So we better find a way to put pressure on him or we are going to be in trouble of going 0-3 against Sanchez in the regular season.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    In two regular season games against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Mark Sanchez is 2-0 with a QB rating of 92.00

So Sanchez isn't afraid of us whatsoever. So we better find a way to put pressure on him or we are going to be in trouble of going 0-3 against Sanchez in the regular season.
    The Steelers have played the Jets only once in the regular season since he was drafted in 2009, and that was in 2010. His QB rating was 81.1 and threw for an incredible 19/29, 170 yard 0 TD 0 INT performance. He's 1-0 in the regular season (where he did nothing to win that game) and 1-1 overall in his career vs Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by Big T; 09-14-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Thread Information