Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ward's Injury

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Hines will always get alot of attention because of what he means to the Steelers, but lets face it, whenever anything happens with Ben he's first out on the AP wire whether its that he hurt his thumb, wrecked his bike, or had a peanut butter sandwhich for lunch !!!

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    I'd prefer Hines be ready for the Fish Food Game not for the sexcapades, the dorkgles or the pre-season tomcats game.

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers and I'm definitely not trying to question Hines character, but ESPN has talked about hamstring injuries, primarly because of the whole TO situation in Dallas, but they were saying it is one of the hardest injuries for a medical staff to diagnose or even see anything on the tests that are conducted. They went on to talk about how some veterans will fake a hammy injury just to sit out practice and avoid really getting injured or to just take a day off.

I'm not sure if this is what Hines is doing, I really hope not, but all of this time he is missing is really having an impact on the chemistry between he and Ben. As much has people don't like the preseason because of injuries and what not, this is definitely the time to get your timing down between the receivers and QB's and unfortunately with Hines' injury he is missing this valuable time right now. Of course he will be Ben's primary target, but it's the timing and chemistry right now that concerns me.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Hey Hines Ward missed alot of trainingcamp/pre-season last year with his hold out. He was fine. Plus Hines Ward played through a hamstring injury last year. Hines Ward is a gamer and will show up when it counts. Don't worry so much.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler
    I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers and I'm definitely not trying to question Hines character, but ESPN has talked about hamstring injuries, primarly because of the whole TO situation in Dallas, but they were saying it is one of the hardest injuries for a medical staff to diagnose or even see anything on the tests that are conducted. They went on to talk about how some veterans will fake a hammy injury just to sit out practice and avoid really getting injured or to just take a day off.

I'm not sure if this is what Hines is doing, I really hope not, but all of this time he is missing is really having an impact on the chemistry between he and Ben. As much has people don't like the preseason because of injuries and what not, this is definitely the time to get your timing down between the receivers and QB's and unfortunately with Hines' injury he is missing this valuable time right now. Of course he will be Ben's primary target, but it's the timing and chemistry right now that concerns me.
    I think they might be on to something with other players but not Hines. He had the hammy problem last year so I assume this is a recurrence. I had the same thing happen during track season, I hurt it once in the fall and then it happened again in the spring and they said it becomes easily prone to injury after it happens once.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

Quote Originally Posted by PITT23
    I think they might be on to something with other players but not Hines. He had the hammy problem last year so I assume this is a recurrence. I had the same thing happen during track season, I hurt it once in the fall and then it happened again in the spring and they said it becomes easily prone to injury after it happens once.
    That's a valid point, I had forgotten about the Hammy injury last year. Plus, I've been fortunate to not injury my Hammy <<knock on wood>> so I didn't know about it being more prone to injury, makes perfectly good sense to me though. I hope it's not to serious and would really like to see him get some time in before the 7th.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but I just read a story about Ward returning to practice today! This is some good news and let's just hope he doesn't tweak it again...

Link to story
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 08-21-2006 at 06:27 PM.

Thread Information