Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger Overshadowed, But Still Has "It"

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Outside of that pick, Ben looked sharp. No worries about him...
    Really? Ben had some nice throws but he had more problems than just that pick 6 which Heath was wide open on. He also missed Heath wide open in the end zone by not lobbying the ball over the defense. He missed Wallace wide open for a TD. He had at least 3 or 4 other forced throws that should have been picked off. I love Ben but if he keeps trying to force things and doesn't start seeing the open receivers, it won't matter who the OC is.

Also, maybe the Steelers can finally see that Redman is not the guy. Dwyer deserves to start and get most of the carries. He can catch too.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Ben was excellent for the most part last night with the exception of two throws and they cost the team a potential victory.

1. The horrible underthrown ball to Heath that should have been six.
    2. Obviously the interception.

He has to make that throw to Heath.
    ya that under throw bothered me more than pick6, was soo easy.......he missed a couple others to a lesser degree(how could they not be) .....these are plays a great QB Has to make...does brady brees Rodgers miss these 3 big throws a game, I dont think so.

Yes the Heath pass absolutely should've been made... But people complaining about the Wallace play obviously only saw after when Collinsworth pointed out how wide open he was. Ben was under immediate pressure and could barely get one read off let alone a second or third across the field. That is not on Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    ya that under throw bothered me more than pick6, was soo easy.......he missed a couple others to a lesser degree(how could they not be) .....these are plays a great QB Has to make...does brady brees Rodgers miss these 3 big throws a game, I dont think so.
    You must not have watched the other games Sunday. Rodgers and Brees missed plenty of throws. Rodgers in particular had a sure touchdown to a wide open guy and completely overthrew him. Theres no reason the Heath play shouldn't have been made, but that **** happens.

My Social Networks

Follow Steveo On Twitter Add Steveo on Facebook

RE: Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger Overshadowed, But Still Has "It"

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Ben didnt look "great' yesterday. You know what "great" qb's do every year. They seem to take it to the next level or improve in there game every single season. Im not saying Ben can not do this, but I want to see an improvement this year.
    Lets keep things in perspective, he's having to learn a new offense as is the whole of our offense.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Lets keep things in perspective, he's having to learn a new offense as is the whole of our offense.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    I forgot, Peyton Manning also had to learn a new offense. Learing a new offense shouldnt be difficult. If you have ew recievers and your trying to get used to timing I can understand that. He is a veteran, learning a new offense shouldnt have an influence on this at all.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    To me, new offense or not, he's still holding the ball to long;exposing himself to injury. He needs to take advantage of the 7 yard pass to Miller or Cotchery more.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Draft Pick
    They need to stop putting him in 3rd & long situations with predictable running plays that go for nothing. Let him get to work earlier in the passing game, that will help the running game.

My Mood
    Fight

Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger Overshadowed, But Still Has "It"

On a plus, I heard a stat today about how 75% of teams that go 0-1 make it to the playoffs. As I've said before its only the first game. We've been dicing up a team that has continuous injuries and played manning and still kept it close 15 more to go
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm just glad whatever IT was, IT didn't get him killed. Beaten up again, yeah we're used to that..LOL

I don't think there's any way that Ben is ever going to stop being Ben, even in a new offense. When a play breaks down he'll go back to what he does best, buying time to find someone open. I think he's still got IT, and we'll see it many times this year.

Thread Information