Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger Overshadowed, But Still Has "It"

Bookmark and Share

My Social Networks

Follow Steveo On Twitter Add Steveo on Facebook

RE: Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger Overshadowed, But Still Has "It"

We definitely have bigger problems then QB, like who's going to start on the O-Line, and will our defense actually be able to stop teams late on games.
    Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Redman is a lame duck, the dude isn't even close to being good. I hope all the lovers seen this last night, he runs lazy and looks out of shape just like last year. Haley needs a good RB to make this new system work, I hope mendy is back soon!
    Redman is a decent situational back, but he's certainly not cut out for every down. I can't wait to see Mendy and Dwyer together.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    lol . . . i just prefer my IT to that IT . . .

Ben isn't the only QB in the league who can escape a pas rush, shake off the grasp and extend a play, . . it's talked about like it's some magical mystery power . . . it isn't.
    It's Americans man.

They should watch some rugby, preferably my Springboks or the All-Blacks how to evade so many tacklers.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I didn't see anything exceptional out of Ben yesterday. I didn't see anything terrible outside of a few throws, but nothing exceptional. Ben, and a few other veteran QBs, all looked like they had a little trouble with their accuracy yesterday for whatever reason. Hopefully he can pick it up in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Ben, and a few other veteran QBs, all looked like they had a little trouble with their accuracy yesterday for whatever reason.
    I sure wish Manning would have had that issue.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    I sure wish Manning would have had that issue.
    Yeah I was really surprised by that. Most of the QBs in the early games seemed to have a lot of issues with accuracy, and I figured Manning would follow suit seeing as he hasn't taken a snap in a regular season game in over a year. Granted, he is Peyton Manning though.

Ben didnt look "great' yesterday. You know what "great" qb's do every year. They seem to take it to the next level or improve in there game every single season. Im not saying Ben can not do this, but I want to see an improvement this year. You dont have a 13 play drive and end up in a FG, 10 play drive for 33 yard for a FG, yes Ben cant control what the line does, but holy **** he has the weapons to do so. He has PROBOWL Heath Miller,Wallace,Brown and Sander is a good receiver also. When we get it inside the 5 yardline it should be a td about 90% of the time.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Ben was excellent for the most part last night with the exception of two throws and they cost the team a potential victory.

1. The horrible underthrown ball to Heath that should have been six.
    2. Obviously the interception.

He has to make that throw to Heath.
    3. I think he mis-managed the clock at the end of the first half. There was no reason to clock that ball on first down, over 50 seconds on the clock (or something close to that if I'm remembering correctly) there was plenty of time, we even still had a time out. To give up a down like that when you know it's going to be a shootout is a HUGE mistake!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Did anybody really expect Ben to be exceptional last night?........First game in the Haley offense and yet more OL injuries doesn't help at all........What is disturbing to me about the INT is that Heath Miller was wide open.....I think Miller goes for 20+ there.....Plus Ben missed Wallace wide open for a TD earlier...........But when a constant musical chairs at OL really doesn't help the QB......Plus it would be nice for Ben to have a WR like Demaryius Thomas.......Or look at what Cutler has in Brandon Marshall and Ashlon Jeffery......I like the Steelers WR's but they don't have that tall physical WR with speed............When you have an OL in constant flux it would be nice for Ben to have a WR to just throw it up and let the WR go get it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    .When you have an OL in constant flux it would be nice for Ben to have a WR to just throw it up and let the WR go get it.....
    This is a major under statement ,but definitely agree !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information