Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If there were a stat the Steelers defense would rank top 5 in is....

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Let the young guys sit year after year, they'll learn a lot of game action like that.
    I ,totally agree with this point. Im sorry but all we are doing is setting our younger guys back a couple years without giving them playing time. Im sorry but Hamptons time should have been done last season. I really do not care is Ta is a rookie, let him start, or give him about 15 snaps a game.

My Mood
    Addicted
    It's awful. There are two times during a game when our defense is (usually) at it's peak. 1. During the first few drives, and 2. If the game is on the line. Other than that we've seemed to look pretty lackadaisical. During the 2009 season the defense was what would get us that forced fumble or int to give the offense a chance to win the game. Now the offense is more fighting for extra space in case the defense ****s up.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    It's awful. There are two times during a game when our defense is (usually) at it's peak. 1. During the first few drives, and 2. If the game is on the line. Other than that we've seemed to look pretty lackadaisical. During the 2009 season the defense was what would get us that forced fumble or int to give the offense a chance to win the game. Now the offense is more fighting for extra space in case the defense ****s up.
    Yep, like i said earlier. Whenever we have scored the past couple seasons, it's almost a garuntee that the defense lets the opponets offense drive down the field for some sort of points. I know we played one of the best qb's ever but that shouldnt be the excuse.

Overall perforamance in this game was awful. Yes its early in season, but the way the dee played is a concern. Secondary was awful. No consistant pass rush, just like in the loss in playoffs to Denver, Troy and most of dee looks slower than any other team out there. Our O line again is a liability. Adams was a wasted pick. We are big and SLOW on the O line ends - any one with speed goes right around them. Run game sucks, doesn't scare anyone.

We'll see what adjustments are made against Jets.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Getting any type of heat on the QB would help the secondary.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by papabaier View Post
    Overall perforamance in this game was awful. Yes its early in season, but the way the dee played is a concern. Secondary was awful. No consistant pass rush, just like in the loss in playoffs to Denver, Troy and most of dee looks slower than any other team out there. Our O line again is a liability. Adams was a wasted pick. We are big and SLOW on the O line ends - any one with speed goes right around them. Run game sucks, doesn't scare anyone.

We'll see what adjustments are made against Jets.
    I "lol" at the overreactions from 1 game. Thrust into the lineup, playing RT (where he mostly saw time at LT), in prime time, against one of the best pass rushers in the game, in his FIRST regular season game ever and he didn't play well... That makes him a wasted pick?

Completely idiotic statement if I'm being totally honest.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I think missing a few players and age caught up with the defense tonight not mention half of those players looked out of shape (around the belly). I remember reading about one of the coaches talking about getting longer offensive drives so the defense can rest more. To me that is admitting the defense is getting old and the coaches know it.
    All that rest didn't help them last night. Right after an hour or so of rest they gave up biggest play of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post

Just sayin'
    I agree with you on getting pressure. On quick throws, its the secondaries job to shut down the receivers so maybe the defense can get pressure on Manning. It was overall a bad performance. Where the heck has Woodley been?

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post

Just sayin'
    Thats exactly the problem. The defense is predicated on pressuring the QB. When we get no pressure, this is not a good defense. This isn't even from just last night. It was noticeable all last year as well. This scares me.

Thread Information