Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should everybody fight for their job ?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Cowher were back I think it would be just lip service again, but with a new coach in town it should serve us well to see a renewed sense of urgency; especially after a dismal season last year.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Agree people should fight for their job that only makes the players better. I even say Ben at this point. Going into camp Tomlin should tell both Ben and Charlie they're fighting for the starting QB. That would give Ben the extra motivation to work hard and really become the QB we know he can be.

the starters that are locks are ben, troy, hines, faneca, and hampton. Everyone is going out there with something to prove to this new coach, because we all know cowher babyed players and kept them around till the last second where they could fake an injury to go on IR without making it look like cowher made a mistake.....jmo lol.

But seriously, think back...Kordell is a good example, the most recent one is colclough, even ben, he babied the hell out of ben and thats why we lost against oakland....because cowher let him walk ove him...our guys are gonna be ready to play, the new coach is just new motivation for a championship caliber team.

ABSOLUTLEY

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Obviously we know players like Ben, Hines, Troy, Casey, and any one of several possible others going into 2007 probably won't lose their starting spot but going into this camp I would hope that everybody takes the idea to heart that it's time to fight for your job in camp, strap up the helmets and see who wants it more ! Competition breeds excellence and may the best man win, whoever he is !

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Sorry team, no more "movie day" at camp .... time to get back to the fundamentals of football. You're there to work, not watch flicks ....

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Sorry team, no more "movie day" at camp .... time to get back to the fundamentals of football. You're there to work, not watch flicks ....

I forgot about that... I guess they won't do the sprints Cowher used to do either.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Yup its time to put up or shut up, we got new blood in the coaching staff. Time for new blood in the starting lineup.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information