Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return to the scene of the crime!

Bookmark and Share
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville

Return to the scene of the crime!

I'll be honest, I am pumped up for tonight and we don't even play for another 4 days! ...........IT"S FOOTBALL SEASON!

But....my last memories of Steeler football are not good. The great Dick Lebeau allowed a catapult to beat the best defense in the league! I admit that the game plan DL went in with was the plan I wanted to see "make Tebow beat you with his arm.......which is impossible". However there was one very disturbing point that I can't get out of my mind. The game lasted 3 1/2 hours and went in to overtime!

MAKE A FALKING ADJUSTMENT FOR CHRIST SAKE!
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

One word: Ike!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    One word: Ike!
    One word for one play maybe.....or even a few plays. But DL's game plan proved to be faulty and they never changed it.

That's like blaming a blown tire (for not getting where you want to go) when you were driving the wrong direction!

That game should NEVER have been close enough for Ike, or any other single player, to make a difference.
    Last edited by Stone; 09-05-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Ike was solid all year then just got raped this game..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    One word for one play maybe.....or even a few plays. But DL's game plan proved to be faulty and they never changed it.

That's like blaming a blown tire (for not getting where you want to go) when you were driving the wrong direction!

That game should NEVER have been close enough for Ike, or any other single player, to make a difference.
    But they did make the halftime adjustments. They raped us so bad in the first half that people don't realize that Denver only put up 3 points in the second half of that game. LeBeau had the right idea with his gameplan, the players didn't execute and the fault lies on the pass rush. You cannot blitz as many players as they did, while leaving a corner on an island that long. Revis would've been thrashed in that game just as badly as Ike. There was absolutely no pressure on Tebow that entire first half. I honestly don't blame Ike Taylor much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Ike was solid all year then just got raped this game..
    Exactly! And to me, this means that there was a bad game plan. You can't watch the same thing over and over again and not fix it. They kept daring Tebow to throw the ball thinking (hell, by the time he gets that F'd up release going we can react) .....or..... (he can't hit the open receiver anyway) .......or....... (just make sure he doesn't run) and Ike was the guy who was closest to the completed passes and so he looked horrible all day long.

When a player has a bad game it's because he has a few misplaced steps or anticipations. You don't go from being one of the better cover corners in the league to a complete dipshit in one game because you have a bad day.

I'm hard on Ike, always have been. Man coverage, stay on him...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Everyone on the defense will tell you they (I've heard this in interviews from players and coaches) thought the Broncos had zero chance to pass on our D. So yes it was bad gameplanning at first, but adjustments were made second half and we looked much better.

Then the OT was just our secondary out of place and getting caught off gaurd.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Two words:

Ryan Clark.

He is our defensive QB who calls the defenses and puts people in place. I"m sick and tired of this guy not being able to play in Denver. It's time to groom some young safties. It really is for a lot of reasons. But this is just another.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Broncos WR's are hugh, big WR's. Ike will be hard pressed in this game.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information