Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concerned about Peyton Manning?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As much as I don't like Manning, the man deserves the benefit of the doubt until we shut down Denver.

If the pass rushers can get after him and force errant throws then I love our chances. If he gets time to throw then I do have concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    Let me say this about QBs in Denver. I wasn't concerned about Tebow last year at all in the playoff game.
    Either was Dick... We obviously thought Tebow would throw the game away and it never happened.

We wont have the same theory with Peyton..

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    You always have to be concerned, but I agree week 1 is better than week 10.

Don't the Broncos have some injuries/ suspensions at their LB position?

C-town
    They have had issues, but don't know if it will affect them for this game. D.J. Williams has failed drug test issues, I think, and Elvis Dumervil was arrested for the firearm road rage incident in Miami this summer. I think they ended up not charging him.

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Either was Dick... We obviously thought Tebow would throw the game away and it never happened.

We wont have the same theory with Peyton..
    Yes, let's hope not. Underestimating the opposition almost always leads to problems. Team should go out there expecting Peyton to be on top of his game as BRC says, until proven otherwise.

Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    I'm doubting Manning will show much rust, and the crowd is gonna be extremely rowdy. Mile high is gonna go crazy Sunday night, need to take away their energy by scoring early and take the crowd away. Last year we looked really bad in our opening game against the Ravens at their place, I hope we don't do the same.
    Release the Keisel!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers/PSU Fan View Post
    I'm doubting Manning will show much rust, and the crowd is gonna be extremely rowdy. Mile high is gonna go crazy Sunday night, need to take away their energy by scoring early and take the crowd away. Last year we looked really bad in our opening game against the Ravens at their place, I hope we don't do the same.
    Even with a 12-4 record, there were some frightful occurrences last season and that opening game was one of them.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I don't put anything past Manning's ability but :
    1..A year layoff ( most players come back to the same team ) Manning has to adapt to a new team and new system.
    2.. He won't have the comfort of his dome in fact his new environment will be as hostile to him as it is to our team. ( mile high)
    3..He can say and joke as much as he wants but believe me that first hit will be in his mind until he gets up from it ( normal hits don't apply here)
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Social Networks

Follow Steveo On Twitter Add Steveo on Facebook
    Not overly concerned about Peyton, we usually didn't struggle when playing him with the Colts. My concerns come from playing the Broncos in Denver. It seems to me we always seem to struggle when playing in that stadium.

i dont think its gonna be pretty, peyton is gonna have his hands full i think. I dont expect another week one disaster like last year

Hopefully the Niners game is helping us with a game plan. Film against a solid defense.. DL should have a clue now.

The Broncos get to study film of the Panthers and Bills game with us. No real tape from those games.

Thread Information