Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerned about Peyton Manning?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I'm more worried about the Broncos pass rushers then Peyton Manning....reports say he is struggling to throw to his right....don't know how true it is.........Plus Manning never had a cannon arm but he did have decent arm strength.....I just wonder how far he can wing it now?......Manning not playing in almost two years has to be some kind of factor.......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm more worried about the Broncos pass rushers then Peyton Manning....reports say he is struggling to throw to his right....don't know how true it is.........Plus Manning never had a cannon arm but he did have decent arm strength.....I just wonder how far he can wing it now?......Manning not playing in almost two years has to be some kind of factor.......
    With the Broncos pass rush we need to play Brady Ball... Can Ben do that?

With Manning our defense needs to press coverage and blitz. Manning isnt going to wait for long plays. The longer he waits for a play the more he will be thinking of his neck...

My Mood
    Addicted
    You always have to be concerned, but I agree week 1 is better than week 10.

Don't the Broncos have some injuries/ suspensions at their LB position?

C-town

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Because of his injuries Manning can no longer throw the long ball ( at least in the pre season they all seemed to be floaters and susceptible to being picked) ,if we contain his short passing game and get in his face we should have no problems.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree I think it will be a hard close game but I still believe the Steelers can contain Manning enough and put enough points on the board to win this game. Plus, even though Manning wasnt on Denver in the playoff loss last season there is still a big big revenge factor for the Steelers to win this game toward the Broncos...They want payback for that playoff loss in the worst way and I think they will get it...

Concerned about Peyton Manning?

Like someone said above, can we stop their pass rush?? Ben was under attack the whole game last year.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    I think Peyton is going to play like he's got something to prove.

Rookie Free Agent
    Ill say our key to victory is establishing a run game. Period. We have a running back by committee and we should use it. Dwyer(power), Redman(power), Batch(finesse), Rainey(finesse/playmaker)...We should combine for at least 30+ rushes this game if we plan on winning it. If Ben has to throw for 400 yards, I have a feeling we won't win.

I think as long as we shackle Decker, Peyton's new favorite target, then they won't have much joy elsewhere . . .

We've always owned Peyton, but with our Linebacking crew so fragmented and up in the air, we may not have as much joy defensively . . .

The offense should put up enough points to get the job done

Steelers 30 Doncno's 20

Let me say this about QBs in Denver. I wasn't concerned about Tebow last year at all in the playoff game. So that already makes me nervous about responding to this question. Here are my thoughts on the game in general. Ben was hobbled last year in Denver. Wasn't Emmanuel hurt in that game, also, along with Big Snack and Starks. If everyone can stay healthy and this offense does what I think it can, I believe Steelers can win. Second piece to that is the defensive scheme. They will certainly respect Manning and so the safeties won't be one yard behind the front seven - I know I'm exaggerating. And then to really answer your question - I think it is foolish to not be concerned about Manning (as I, with a lot of others, looked when played Denver last year). In terms of his receivers, Decker was up and down last year (I picked him up for my fantasy team). We made Thomas look like an all pro. Hard to evaluate them though with the QB who was throwing to them.

Thread Information