Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wyche - A Joke

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Sorry but you are an idiot if you pick a team with a mechanical man at QB like Flacco. I can't see Flacco winning anything. Look at all the QB's that have won the last 8 years (for example)...now look at Flacco. Doesn't fit.
    ^Lee Evans catches that pass thrown perfectly and at the very least they win AFC championship at N.E, (forget about missed FG) .....Flacco beat Brady In N.E. in Playoffs in 09 also....so I think He has enough to win, but do the Ravens have enough?

btw, he had 2 wins in Pitt last 2 yrs in last 2 minutes....Im not a Flacco Homer at all, but no logic to your statement sorry

My Mood
    Asleep
    AFC Playoffs:
    NE
    BAL
    CIN
    DEN
    HOU
    SD

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    AFC Playoffs:
    NE
    BAL
    CIN
    DEN
    HOU
    SD
    I kinda agree. think steelers and chargers fight for 6th spot, but I guarantee their will be 1 or 2 crazy teams like Bills, Chiefs, or Indy grabbing a spot (while an upper tier team crumbling). happens every yr, last yr being Cinci

My Mood
    Manic
    This team is good enough to win the division .we were +8 in turnovers in the preseason i know that doesn't mean that much but given the lack of turnovers last season +8 is encouraging .Suggs is out for a while .I don't think that the Ravens o-line is as good as last year

My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Sorry but you are an idiot if you pick a team with a mechanical man at QB like Flacco. I can't see Flacco winning anything. Look at all the QB's that have won the last 8 years (for example)...now look at Flacco. Doesn't fit.
    And on the flip side of that, look at the QB at the helm of the team the last time the Ravens won the Super Bowl. I dare say that Flacco is more talented than Trent Dilfer. I hate to be the devil advocate here (especially for the Ravens) but that's a team that relies on defense and Ray Rice. If Flacco can just not lose them the game, they've got a shot in every game they play.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I don't give a rat's *** what any of the announcers or journalists say. Actualy I prefer them picking the Rat Birds. SD, the Patriots, or the flavor of the month to win the AFC every year. Wins, losses and the trophy tell who is the better team. IMHO.

Tailgating in the 'burgh

My Mood
    Addicted
    Sam is a little wicky-wacky.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomenal TJ View Post
    And on the flip side of that, look at the QB at the helm of the team the last time the Ravens won the Super Bowl. I dare say that Flacco is more talented than Trent Dilfer. I hate to be the devil advocate here (especially for the Ravens) but that's a team that relies on defense and Ray Rice. If Flacco can just not lose them the game, they've got a shot in every game they play.
    I understand what you're saying....Big difference between Dilfer and Flacco no doubt....But the 2000 Ravens had an alltime great defense and this Ravens defense is nowhere near that good.....I don't care if people don't pick the Steelers and pick the Ravens but what I do hate is some of the points they make.....The talk is the Steelers D is old and slowing down.....Ok what about Ray Lewis and Ed Reed?.....Plus the Ravens lost both of their starting OLBs from last year.......The Ravens have a very old offensive line.......I see the Ravens missing the play-offs......8 or 9 win team at best......

My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I understand what you're saying....Big difference between Dilfer and Flacco no doubt....But the 2000 Ravens had an alltime great defense and this Ravens defense is nowhere near that good.....I don't care if people don't pick the Steelers and pick the Ravens but what I do hate is some of the points they make.....The talk is the Steelers D is old and slowing down.....Ok what about Ray Lewis and Ed Reed?.....Plus the Ravens lost both of their starting OLBs from last year.......The Ravens have a very old offensive line.......I see the Ravens missing the play-offs......8 or 9 win team at best......
    Nah, I got ya. I'm not saying they're going to run the table and wipe the floor with every team they play, I'm just saying that using the argument of the last 8 Super Bowl winning QB's were prolific play makers is a busted one when talking about the Ravens team. And let's be honest here, we're talking about a defense that's in essence a mold of the one that the Steelers run, they've had their share of plug 'n play players on that side of the ball and had success with it.

Ray Lewis and James Farrior are counterparts in this one, both have lost a step in their twilight years and yet both remain interred as starters, because of their talent and their ability to motivate the rest of the defense.

I don't agree that they should be favorites for the North, but I also don't think they're going to go into a downward spiral as long as they stick to their roots, and as long as Ray Rice's legs are working.

Steve Wyche - A Joke

Is Flucco the QB to get them there? They sure think so by allowing him to run more of the offense this year. It will be interesting to see if he can be great! More throwing = more INT's as well!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information