Thread: Leftwich, Batch,or Johnson that is the question?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Manic

Leftwich, Batch,or Johnson that is the question?

I think Johnson has done enough to garner a roster spot .In previous seasons noone really had a chance because Batch and Leftwich knew the system this year Haley's offense leveled the playing field.some other factors are that Leftwich is pretty much a statue so if the play requires scrambling he has almost no chance Johnson has good wheels heck i'd say he's apoor man's Cam Newton.and should make the 53 man roster instead of leftwich

Johnson's passer rating is 137.5 comp % 63% 14.1 ypc
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 08-31-2012 at 01:49 AM.

I never cared much for lefty, even in his college days. It would be different if the NFL allowed him to wear some of those spring leg thingy's like the dude in the Olympics, but otherwise he's done.
    Batch isn't a top rated back up QB, but he's been there for us and done his job for many years without pissing and moaning. He's an all around good guy, but he too is done.
    Johnson should get the roster spot. I agree with the "poor mans Cam Newton" comment. Exactly what I've been saying.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Unfortunately, Batch had a good night too...

this might turn into one of the hardest cuts to make (who-da thunk that, 4 weeks ago)

My head says: Lefty and Batch (PS JJ)

but may not be able the PS JJ now b/c of his performance

My heart says: Lefty and JJ (cut Batch, keep him on speed dial or pay him as an consultant/ast QB coach)

When it comes down to it... i trust Lefty more than Batch. Both are injury prone but Batch even more so it seems. Lefty seems to have more "talent" but Batch seems to be "smarter". Just my opinion.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post

My heart says: Lefty and JJ (cut Batch, keep him on speed dial or pay him as an consultant/ast QB coach)

When it comes down to it... i trust Lefty more than Batch. Both are injury prone but Batch even more so it seems. Lefty seems to have more "talent" but Batch seems to be "smarter". Just my opinion.
    I agree!

Charlie is done. As nice as the TD pass was I hope it's his last memory.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We'll find out today but I think JJ's fate is going to come down to how many the Steelers carry. If they keep 3 then I think he's got the 3rd spot. If they keep only 2 then he'll be destined for the PS and they'll hope he lasts.

The thing about young QB's, they have to show you that there's something to work with that can be molded into an NFL passer. Just because they are young and throw a nice pass or two doesn't mean they have what it takes to be successful. I think JJ has shown that he's got the raw skills that could be developed over time and eventually slide into that #2 spot.

Batch looked great last night, he has it dialled, the pass to Saunders under pressure was perfect . . .
    JJ has hardly put a foot wrong the last two games, . . like him a lot . . .
    Left is the odd one out for me, . . . that slow release and his inability to scramble or improvise would be found out pretty quickly . .

My Mood
    Sunshine
    If I'm not mistaken lefty has already been named #2 , so it will be between Batch and Johnson for the #3 spot. If I were choosing it would be :

Ben, Batch and Johnson

What I think the Steelers do:

Ben , Leftwich and Batch...If JJ goes to the PS someone will scoop him up
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Bottom line is: who gives you best chance to win in lieu of Ben?
    Since Batch & Lefty have already proven they can get the job done, don't see how the team could not keep them both. With questions still abounding on the offensive line, Steelers probably need to keep 3 QBs. Unless JJ is viewed as Ben's eventual replacement (unlikely) he is (sadly) the one I expect to get cut.
    STEELSPIKES

Thread Information