Thread: Two tight ends until Wesley Saunders returns?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Two tight ends until Wesley Saunders returns?

Final cuts will likely come this weekend since the Steelers play on Thursday night. At that point they have to decide how many Tight Ends to carry on the roster. Heath Miller is a no brainer and Leonard Pope has that 2nd spot locked down most likely.

They won't carry 4 during the season, and with DJ out they can't use him as a backup TE/FB now either. Will Johnson primarily working as the FB, do they carry just Miller and Pope until Saunders' suspension is over? They could put Jamie McCoy on the PS if they want...Or do you keep McCoy for the first 4 weeks and release him?

Or do they keep McCoy and just cut ties with Saunders all together? David Paulson?

BTW, on Ed Bouchette's chat transcript recently:
    Deebo: How does Wes Saunders' suspension affect the 53 man roster?

Ed Bouchette: He doesn't count while he is suspended. He told me, by the way, that his second appeal was denied by the NFL last week.

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-29-2012 at 05:48 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Based on that goal line power offense they used against the Bills, with 3 TE's and a FB you'd probably think they are going to carry 3 since Saunders doesn't yet count against the roster while he's suspended and then make a decision from there.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Paulsen makes team, McCoy to practice squad. Pope and Paulsen have four games to show which one stays when Saunders comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Paulsen makes team, McCoy to practice squad. Pope and Paulsen have four games to show which one stays when Saunders comes back.
    this.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    agreeed w/ t-burg
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Manic
    As much as i'd like to think that what t-burg said is gonna happen i just don't know nor do i understand why Saunders got 4 game and Hali got 1 game for the same violation? and also why Parrish Cox can be actually charge with rape and not suspended at all cause he's been in trouble before Kenny Britt 8 arrests 0 suspensions ? this is driving me nuts

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm not sold on Paulson, he's pretty raw but did have a nice camp. His problem when he was drafted was that he had issues in traffic catching the ball and wasn't very powerful. I think McCoy, with limited time, has shown that he deserves a chance.

My Mood
    Manic
    BRC do you have any idea why wes got 4 games and Tamba Hali got 1 i guess it depends on the drug?lol

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    BRC do you have any idea why wes got 4 games and Tamba Hali got 1 i guess it depends on the drug?lol

doesnt it depend on how many prev positives youve had? if im not mistaken certain things your dont get suspened for right away but if you multi-positive on it your can/will and the punishment gets worse each time
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Manic
    [QUOTE=Zachintosh66;505984]doesnt it depend on how many prev positives youve had? if im not mistaken certain things your dont get suspened for right away but if you multi-positive on it your can/will and the punishment gets worse each time[/QUOTE

That makes sense i guess Saunders had issues in college they may cut him.Think about it why would they draft paulson granted it's only a7th rd pick but still it's a pick.then sign The Pope

Thread Information