Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace talks with the media; wants to focus on the future not the past

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic
    Let me first say as a die hard life long steelers fan i went back and forth between for Wallace and against Wallace and after everything i am a Mike Wallace fan and he deserves to get paid as much as the Steelers will pay him and he also earned the right to explore free agency next season.Football is not a conventional business so some one trying to maximize there income comes with the territory.So Steeldawgswag and all the other Waterboys (OR closet Raven Fans i can't tell) on here do me a favor and watch the newest episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.Specifically the section about the retired Saints player Steve Gleason then tell me that all players hold out for bitches and Bentley's. Reading is good for your mind you should do some educate your self on the pros and cons of being an nfl player.Then formulate an opinion based on something other than shock value.The bottom line is Mike Wallace is smarter than you think he is and know that eventually he will get hurt and if the injury is to his knees or hips it will slow him down.So he bought himself some time look at what happened to David De Castro this year. The truth is he may never be the same.
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 08-29-2012 at 04:20 PM.

connecticutsteel just swooping in with the real talk

Just help us win a SB Mike.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    connecticutsteel just swooping in with the real talk
    ??????

Better late than never. I'm all for opinions but mostly the one's with some facts behind them like yours K-Train you take time to understand the game and the nuances involved
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 08-29-2012 at 04:53 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Let me first say as a die hard life long steelers fan i went back and forth between for Wallace and against Wallace and after everything i am a Mike Wallace fan and he deserves to get paid as much as the Steelers will pay him and he also earned the right to explore free agency next season.Football is not a conventional business so some one trying to maximize there income comes with the territory.So Steeldawgswag and all the other Waterboys (OR closet Raven Fans i can't tell) on here do me a favor and watch the newest episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel.Specifically the section about the retired Saints player Steve Gleason then tell me that all players hold out for bitches and Bentley's. Reading is good for your mind you should do some educate your self on the pros and cons of being an nfl player.Then formulate an opinion based on something other than shock value.The bottom line is Mike Wallace is smarter than you think he is and know that eventually he will get hurt and if the injury is to his knees or hips it will slow him down.So he bought himself some time look at what happened to David De Castro this year. The truth is he may never be the same.
    What he said^^ Except for the going back and forth part. I have been for Wallace all along.

We don't always agree, but well said.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    We don't always agree, but well said.

Sure we do Big T sometimes my other personalities take over

Waterboy
    I am new here but i have been lurking for a long time. I have alot of concerns with Mr Wallace. I pray I am wrong but I honestly wont be shocked when on the first play from scrimmage he "has a season ending injury". It seems to me the kind of game he would pull but lets hope he proves me wrong.
    Life is stranger than fiction.

Sure we do Big T sometimes my other personalities take over
    Haha I said always. I got you though haha.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    I also enjoy how several brand new posters pop up to support the idiotic opinions of these *** clowns at just the right time, then you never hear from them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    wallace had the opportunity to deny this but was either too stupid to do it the proper way or purposely chose not to. his response was 'dont believe everything he read'. that is not testimony, thats advice. similar to 'dont take wooden nickels' or 'dont eat yellow snow'.
    Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    Yup, too stupid.
    'I never said I wanted Fitzgerald type money' NOT 'Dont believe everything you read'.
    Pretty simple for most to understand.

how's this comparison?
    people in town tell you your wife is having an affair. you confront her and ask "Are you cheating on me". She responds, "dont believe everything you hear"................Does that response instill confidence in you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bova View Post
    I am new here but i have been lurking for a long time. I have alot of concerns with Mr Wallace. I pray I am wrong but I honestly wont be shocked when on the first play from scrimmage he "has a season ending injury". It seems to me the kind of game he would pull but lets hope he proves me wrong.
    Ding.......

Thread Information