Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Henry to do jail time

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Henry to do jail time

CINCINNATI -- Chris Henry got a judge's lecture and a two-day jail sentence after settling the last of his four court cases Thursday, putting the Cincinnati Bengals receiver in line for another suspension from the NFL.
    Henry drew a two-game suspension this season for violating the league's conduct and substance abuse policies, and could get a harsher punishment for his latest convictions.
    "We are reviewing this and will take appropriate disciplinary action in due course," spokesman Steve Alic said.
    Henry has become the symbol of Cincinnati's extensive off-field problems -- nine players arrested in the last nine months, two of them suspended by the league during the season. Henry had four arrests in the last 14 months.
    He avoided jail time in the first three cases, but was taken to the Kenton County Jail in northern Kentucky on Thursday after a judge accepted his guilty plea for letting minors drink in a hotel room he rented last spring.
    "You embarrassed yourself," Kenton County District Judge Greg Grothaus told Henry. "You embarrassed a lot of people, teammates, friends and family, the city, the fans and myself."
    Grothaus gave Henry a 90-day sentence, and suspended all but two days. Prosecutor Ken Easterling wanted Henry to spend some time in jail.
    "Looking at his history and the amount of times he's gone before other courts and not gotten jail time, the reason we sought jail time was to send a very clear message to him that this is going to be the response every time you get in trouble in our community," Easterling said. "So I hope, as the judge indicated, that he gets the message."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2742412

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Only two days what a joke. Hey for you that have daughters lock your doors when Chris Henry comes to town.

Rumors on the radio said he showed up in front of the judge wearing a leather jacket with a hooded sweatshirt! was this guy thinking, totally disrespectful to judge!

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

loudmouthed SOB he is sick!
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

hes supposed to get a 4 game suspension

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Like he's never had a lecture before???? Riiight! Anyone who really believes that this slap on the wrist will have any affect on his choices is an idiot. This is a joke!

Police said he brought alcohol for three females -- ages 18, 16 and 15 -- in a Covington, Ky., motel room on April 29. One of the three, Monica Beamon, 18, was charged with murder in Cincinnati last September.
    I didn't know this either. Makes him even more of a thug. He is a low life piece of scum, however, the next time he messes up he will probably have to do the 88 days that were suspended and his new sentence. What a role model for the Bungals

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Police said he brought alcohol for three females -- ages 18, 16 and 15 -- in a Covington, Ky., motel room on April 29. One of the three, Monica Beamon, 18, was charged with murder in Cincinnati last September.
    I didn't know that either... But I guess when your the ugliest dude in Professional Sports, you need to do something to get noticed.

Have fun in jail Chris! Say hi to Ray Ray and Jamal!
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    the court system in this country is so screwed up.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Thread Information