Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: DeCastro goes down with knee injury

Bookmark and Share
    Unfortunately, if it's going to be more than 2 months, they will IR him. No sense in rushing him back when he could easily re-injure his knee.

I think the line is better than last year, assuming no more injuries. Starks will be alright until Adams takes over and Gilbert has a year of experience who is better than Colon at RT...and Colon will be better at LG than anyone in recent memory. I just hope Gilbert stops falling on people. Anyway, a lot (not all) of the beatings Ben takes are of his own doing by holding the ball too long and everyone here knows it. I'd like to think Haley will have Ben throwing sooner which will help Ben and the line a lot. Sure, there will still be plenty of times where Ben will try and make plays and take hits, but I'd like to think it will be quite a bit less than years past.

We need Mike Wallace back! Even if Ben doesn't have enough time to wait for Wallace to get down field, Wallace will be double covered allowing Brown and others to get open just like the second half of last season.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    Unfortunately, if it's going to be more than 2 months, they will IR him. No sense in rushing him back when he could easily re-injure his knee.

I think the line is better than last year, assuming no more injuries. Starks will be alright until Adams takes over and Gilbert has a year of experience who is better than Colon at RT...and Colon will be better at LG than anyone in recent memory. I just hope Gilbert stops falling on people. Anyway, a lot (not all) of the beatings Ben takes are of his own doing by holding the ball too long and everyone here knows it. I'd like to think Haley will have Ben throwing sooner which will help Ben and the line a lot. Sure, there will still be plenty of times where Ben will try and make plays and take hits, but I'd like to think it will be quite a bit less than years past.

We need Mike Wallace back! Even if Ben doesn't have enough time to wait for Wallace to get down field, Wallace will be double covered allowing Brown and others to get open just like the second half of last season.
    One damn fine post. You nailed it.

C-town

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    The news isn't good but it's better than an mcl/acl i suspect that he will miss the season but he's only 22 or 23 so he will heal fast Does anyone know what grade they put on the tear 1 thru 4 1 being the least serious and 4 being the most

I'm reading some posts about DeCastro being manhandled what games or practices are you watching? smoke some more crack
    The real question is the mass hysteria on this forum. As they say...roll the tapes and learn.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Re: DeCastro goes down with knee injury

It's not hysteria, just disappointed. Can't miss what you never had.... Still sucks though. Big time.

@EdBouchetteDeCastro at #steelers today. Talk now they may not IR him

- From BRC's Bionic of Awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    The real question is the mass hysteria on this forum. As they say...roll the tapes and learn.
    Always a di*k in the crowd..

The key to the Steelers line success is not allowing Legursky or Essex on the field. If they can manage to keep them off the field, they will be fine. Speedy recovery Sir DaviD.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    The key to the Steelers line success is not allowing Legursky or Essex on the field. If they can manage to keep them off the field, they will be fine. Speedy recovery Sir DaviD.
    man isn't this the truth...

Draft Pick
    Unfortunately I could see it coming as Dareus and Kyle Williams were caving in the middle of the line at will. Even the "big nasty" Colon was getting run over all the time. Must be something to do with the o-line conditioning or preparation.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    DeCastro to have surgery on Wednesday, the team will make a decision after that as to his status for the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by KemoTherapy View Post
    Unfortunately I could see it coming as Dareus and Kyle Williams were caving in the middle of the line at will. Even the "big nasty" Colon was getting run over all the time. Must be something to do with the o-line conditioning or preparation.
    or just a terrifying interior line by the bills....hard thing to swallow, but those guys are really good

Thread Information