Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers parting ways with Special Teams coach Al Everest

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    “It was professional differences, and let’s leave it at that,” Everest told Trib Total Media on Friday. “It was professional differences.” But he also added, “It was a shocker.”
    Everest did not see the firing coming and was still coming to grips with it Friday, following an evening spent mostly calling relatives, friends and acquaintances in the NFL. He plans to stay in coaching, but said it was much too early to think about where he might coach next.
    Everest politely declined to discuss his departure in detail, but did say it had nothing to do with the decision to take Pro Bowl returner Antonio Brown off the kickoff and punt return teams. Brown, a starting wide receiver, recently signed a $42.5 million contract extension.

Tribune Review

I finally got the inside scoop on this one. Seems Everest went over to Haley and kept on telling him that he needed to throw more bombs on 3rd and inches. Haley told him, that's not how I coach bro- you run special teams let me handle the O. Everest said thats how we did it with da Bruce. Haley responded yeah and look what that got him, Everest said your ****** Chiefs job didn't end up any better. So they both go into coach T's office and said Mike you settle this one. Coach said, come on Everest - we all knew that Bruce was 49 cents short of a half dollar. He shouldn't be coaching my nephews pee wee team. I mean come on a HOF CB goes down in the biggest game of your coaching career and you don't make any adjustments?? I mean, this soda can right here has more common sense. Are you serious Everest? Are you serious? You know what I never liked you anyways. Pack up your **** and go try and get a job in Arizona or Indy.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Quote Originally Posted by Farrior Fan View Post
    I finally got the inside scoop on this one. Seems Everest went over to Haley and kept on telling him that he needed to throw more bombs on 3rd and inches. Haley told him, that's not how I coach bro- you run special teams let me handle the O. Everest said thats how we did it with da Bruce. Haley responded yeah and look what that got him, Everest said your ****** Chiefs job didn't end up any better. So they both go into coach T's office and said Mike you settle this one. Coach said, come on Everest - we all knew that Bruce was 49 cents short of a half dollar. He shouldn't be coaching my nephews pee wee team. I mean come on a HOF CB goes down in the biggest game of your coaching career and you don't make any adjustments?? I mean, this soda can right here has more common sense. Are you serious Everest? Are you serious? You know what I never liked you anyways. Pack up your **** and go try and get a job in Arizona or Indy.
    Seems legit

Thread Information