Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redman vs Dwyer.. 33 still not sure when he'll be back to full speed

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cool Redman vs Dwyer.. 33 still not sure when he'll be back to full speed

Redman's groin/hip could be problematic the entire year. He looked like the Redman we're used to seeing in the Eagles game, even if he didn't get much playing time. If he has to take an injection to deal with the pain that may be an option he'll explore but I'm really excited to see what Dwyer can do with more playing time.

This year Redman is playing the part of Mendenhall and Dwyer the part of Redman. As long at those two can stay on the field at least until Mendenhall comes back, this ground game could something reminiscent of the Bettis years. Perhaps not the 1600 yds type seasons that we used to see back in the day,but the effectiveness of said ground attack could be pretty explosive.

The big key is going to be how will they they do in the redzone. If you can't run in there then you can't run at all.

I know K train loves Dwyer, that's his Daniel Sepulveda of 2012..LOL

"I'm a downhill runner and take a lot of pounding," Redman said. "I'm not really sure how the hip is going to hold up or if it's going to hurt at all, or if I'm going to be fine. I'm just going to go day to day and see how it feels. It's pretty much a pain-tolerance thing. It might nag me throughout the year. I'm just going to have to fight through the pain."
    NFL.com

HEY say what you want about sepulveda but he was a monster when he was healthy. We used his knee all up though.

i read earlier this could be a lingering injury for redman, which means more carries for DWYER

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    HEY say what you want about sepulveda but he was a monster when he was healthy. We used his knee all up though.

i read earlier this could be a lingering injury for redman, which means more carries for DWYER
    I was putting that information up and your love affair with DSep popped into my head

It's too bad about that guy, he was solid when he was healthy there's no doubt. Still a great guy too, never a negative word spoken from him.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    May the best man win and the other guy back him up.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    May the best man win and the other guy back him up.
    May the best man win, and Redman get cut.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I'm so happy that Dwyer showed up to camp in shape and has been able to fight off that small injury to return to the lineup. Doing well in preseason is one thing but man he does look in much better shape than even last year during the regular season right now. He's got a strong lower frame and quick feet for a "power back". Bring on the gun game with Dwyer and Redman as far as I'm concerned.

After so many years of BA I'm just happy as hell to have a legit run game again. Don't really give a damn if Ben hands the ball off to the trainer. If he can run, put it in his hands.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    I think Dwyer is the way to go always have, with Redman in short yardage back. Dwyer gets huge chunks of yards with just a little crease..hope he can stay healthy. He was on his way to pass up Redman last year when he got hurt.

My Mood
    Manic
    Dwyer is triple the back redman is now that the lights came on for Dwyer Iswear redman is cross eyed there was ashot of him on the sidelines he looked like a make a wish kid

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Wow.

Look how many people I've recruited on the Dwyer bandwagon.LOL

Just think...a certain poster (who will remain nameless) was just saying a week ago how Dwyer,"hasn't proven anything".LOL
    Now dwyer is on the verge of being the starter! I guess Dwyer has proven something....and that is he deserving of real playing time. Come on out the woods Mr. Naysayer. .........................
    .............that's what I thought. Dwyer is a better running back then Redman. With no disrespect to Redman because I love him too.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 08-24-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information