Thread: Steelers start to gameplan for opponents in weeks 3 and 4

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Cool Steelers start to gameplan for opponents in weeks 3 and 4

It's the 3rd preseason game now so that means the coaches actually start gameplanning for the upcoming game. Since they don't do any of that in training camp and not in the first 2 weeks of the preseason either, these young guys like Adams and DeCastro actually get a feel of what it's like to prepare for an opponent.

This should be a big week for Mike Adams, the Bills will throw more things at him he's not practiced against yet. Still no word on who will start but it could be Max and then Adams comes in later, perhaps still with the first team?

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Has Max even practiced yet? Id say its prolly Essex over both right now... Im hoping things start to click w/ Adams. They will its only preseason week 2
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Has Max even practiced yet? Id say its prolly Essex over both right now... Im hoping things start to click w/ Adams. They will its only preseason week 2
    Have you watched Trai Essex this preseason? He's looked worse than Adams in pass protection while playing RT against scrubs. There's no reason for him to be on the team. He's horrid.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Max has been practicing the last 3 days, so far I've not heard of any setbacks coming out of the practices so he must be doing ok at this point. I still don't know how much I'd play him on Saturday. Maybe only a series or two and then get Adams in there for some reps with the starters.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I agree Trai Essex has just not looked good. Last year he was servicable, maybe even going as far as to say his best year to date. He got playing time at every position last year I think, even Center for a bit when Legursky was down and Pouncey was out.

I wonder how much time he's got left, but you know how the Steelers love their veterans.

For the gameplanning, it's about time. These rookies do get a lot thrown at them but they are also at a disadvantage in the early preseason games because they go up against a defense or offense they haven't practiced against. I guess it's a learning curve they have to get used too but it causes fans and media to ape **** when they struggle.

Thread Information