Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean Kugler Asset or liability?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Manic

Sean Kugler Asset or liability?

It seems to me that even with all the talent on the young offensive line that they are under performing .For instance with the exception of 1 blown assignment the colts line was far better in all phases

costanzo 2yrs
    reitz 2yrs
    satele 6yrs
    mclynn 5yrs
    justice 7yrs
    but have been together 1 training camp
    Harold Goodwin has got his line goin but it seems Kugler gets awful lot of credit for nothing our line should be killing it already they are all so athletic except maybe colon and they are no better than last year at this point

It's the preseason. 2 rookies, a second year player, a 3rd year player, and one who changed from the only position he ever played at the pro level. It's gonna take time for them to gel. Seriously, it's no time to panic lol. They'll be fine. Give them time.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    It's the preseason. 2 rookies, a second year player, a 3rd year player, and one who changed from the only position he ever played at the pro level. It's gonna take time for them to gel. Seriously, it's no time to panic lol. They'll be fine. Give them time.
    QFT.

Is Haley, Kuglers boss now? If so we will see what happens with Kugler in short order.....

My Mood
    Pimp

Sean Kugler Asset or liability?

Preseason...comparing to the Colts or any team fur that matter isn't really fair at this point...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Kugler was a mastermind in Buffalo before he came here. They were in a similar situation as the Steelers were the last few years; tons of injuries, free agency losses and musical lineman every week

There's only so much you can do when you have that many problems with personnel.

This will be a big year for him, not because his job is on the on the line but because he's got some serious talent to work with and if they can all stay healthy we should see them excel in a way we haven't seen in many years.

i always thought kugler was massively overrated since the day he was brought in

My Mood
    Sunshine
    9 different line combinations and we went 12 - 4 with little talent to work with, yea I can see were he would be overrated
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    9 different line combinations and we went 12 - 4 with little talent to work with, yea I can see were he would be overrated
    its the same as arians, they didnt win because of awesome play calling and great blocking, they won despite poor gameplanning and awful blocking. Its the "he was a mastermind" comment, he fell into jason peters and then he was able to build nothing when peters got traded. All he did was stick with jon scott too long, then bring jon scott over in which case they stuck with him for too long. im just not a fan, i dont think hes a good coach

My Mood
    Manic
    My Main point is that pouncey,Colon,Gilbert are all great run blockers so at least we should be able to run block and we can't .I am recovering from an injury so i have watched just about every pre-season game so far and the steelers look terrible

Thread Information