Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams struggles again..Max Starks anyone?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Question Mike Adams struggles again..Max Starks anyone?

Another rough night for the rookie. Run blocking wasn't to bad but pass blocking, not so much. I get that Adams missed about a weeks worth of practices with that knee injury so that put him behind some in his progress, but man it was painful to watch at times. Besides Kelvin Beachum he was clearly the worst offensive lineman in both preseason games so far. I would probably say that Beachum was worse but it wasn't by all that much.

You can see when the ball is snapped his reaction time is just not there, by the time he gets his head around or his feet going the pass rusher already has a step on him. I get that some of it is mental, learning how to read the defender and where he's looking to go based on body position, etc. but the reaction time is questionable at best right now. Buffalo has an up and coming defense so it doesn't get any easier next week.

If Adams doesn't improve his game against Buffalo next Saturday, I gotta think Tomlin is going to go with Starks to start the year.

i like the toughness he showed by being out there in general, he didnt practice much, was banged up, and was coming off an embarrassing debut but was out there for the reps anyway.

that being said i hope he inches back closer to 100% this week and gets a lot of reps in practice because in all seriousness hes getting mario williams next week. If he can slow down mario at all one on one it will go a very long way to evaluating him. I kinda think they need to be more open about him playing on the right side as a rookie, which most of us thought was a possibility to begin with

My Mood
    Clowns
    I was saying that from the get go really, sticking him on the right side and moving Gilbert over to left full time. They seem hell bent on keeping him at LT.

He is a rookie and needs time to develop, I get it, but it was just painful seeing him get owned play in and play out in pass protection. I think he can be good in time but how much punishment can Ben take before it all starts to come together.

Mike Adams struggles again..Max Starks anyone?

IMO Adams showed me nothing, I think he has a long way to go!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    It's not so much that he's getting beat but who is beating him. Adams has yet to face a starting DE. Against the Eagles he played against backups yesterday it was scrubs.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

its schematic, and hes not getting beat by slouches just cause they are on the second team, these are guys fighting for their jobs. i didnt expect him to come in and dominate, hes gotta grow into the position, being hes healthy right now lets just hope for improvement despite a tough task coming up with mario, darius, kw, and edwards

He seems to be having a real problem not only with the initial block but also holding a block. Seems like he is giving up. Anyways, I hope Mario doesn't kill Ben next week.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Addicted
    Give him a little time.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If he was playing against guys like Mario Williams the first two games I'd probably go a bit easier on him but in preseason the Eagles front 7 is nothing spetacular and he got owned before getting injured. By the time he came in Mathis and Freeney were either out or soon ready to go out. Like I said I have no doubt he can grow into the position but having him do that with Ben getting crushed isn't my idea of a good thing..lol.

I'd rather let him grown and maybe come in mid season if something happens to Starks, or just wait and come in 2013. We'll see though, there's still 2 preseason games left.

no....move Gilbert to LT and keep Foster at RT: or maybe move Adam or Starks to RT this year:

Thread Information