Thread: Do We All HAVE ?

Bookmark and Share

Do We All HAVE ?

Convidence in our DB's ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I want Ike,Mcfadden etc,,,,,,,,,,to suceed but IKE sure had some problems this year
    Do you think our new coach will possible try to persuade our GM to try to get
    nate clements or samuel ,,,,,,,or do you think he might draft another DB ?

Me personally I'd like to see nate clements in the back & gold and that would push IKE & mcfadden to play even harder to keep there starting position !

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i like mcfadden, and i like ike, sure he had a down year and chris henry made him his bitch but he's still young and learning........tomlin is gonna be good for him i think......... i like anthony smith and ryan clark......i love troy polamalu........i think we'll draft a corner maybe in the second or 3 round for depth, but not in the first, and we have no cap money to go after a big free agent........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Well aren't you just the thread making machine tonight, eh?

Safeties - no question about it, Polamalu, Clark, and Anthony Smith I have the utmost confidence in as 3 viable options to start for us

CB's - Ike will rebound, I have faith in him. McFadden should be a beast for us he showed alot of potential. Townsend had a poor year in 2006 and he's getting a bit older now so Im not sure how much longer we'll keep him around but if he'll stay cheap he's a good veteran to have.

We'll address DB in this draft, specifically CB at some point, possibly in the 3rd round IMO.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok corners cost to much in free agency and both of those guys will be out of the Rooney's price range. Especially since they just paid Ike last year. I think Tomlin will do Ike alot of good and I look for Ike Taylor to bounce back.

As for McFadden he looks like a solid player. The Steelers should draft a corner in the late rounds since Townsend is getting up there and Colclough really has stunk so far.

I dont think townsend did that bad last year, ive never been a big townsend fan but i thought he did ok. I think Mcfadden is gonna be great, he plays hard every down, ike better play alot better, he is a good corner and we are paying him well. and theres always coc.....only joking.

as or safety, i think the fact that smith played so good he got to start even after clark was ok is great, Smith and troy are gonna be great, not to mention clark who is stater worthy as well, we got some good safetys and good depth because we also have carter and logan who are great on ST.

I would love to see samuel in black and gold, hell the patriots have taken our scrub DBs for years, it would be great to get there star....be realistically, no way we dont chase players

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Asante Samuel will command at least a 10 million signing bonus and I would say a 6 year 54/60 millon dollar contract. Thats far to much out of the Steelers price range.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    McFadden is gonna be a good one. Ike will settle down and play like he did before the big contract signing. I think he was unable to handle the pressure and it went to his head, he thought to much out on the field instead of letting it come natural. (Willie Parker handled the new contract with ease)
    Townsend is a better db in the nickle and dime and not as a starter and Chokelee has degressed since his rookie season.
    A corner is a spot to fill via free agency or through the draft.

Thread Information