Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WILL PORTER MOVE ON ?

Bookmark and Share

A ton of thanks goes to both HouseOfSteel and TopGun for my cool avatar and sig!!
    Thanks also to BlacknGoldBleeder for referring me to this site.

House of Steel
    Be happy, at least Porter does it a clean way and not put any physical confrontation into the game. Hey it motivates and fires up the team when he runs his mouth. I certain other Steelers Players have done it. Hines Ward rarely, but I've seen him running his mouth and getting into the corner's heads. Troy does it, Faneca does it, Hartings does it, Ben does it, and the list goes on. Trash talking is a part of sports, and normally most of time after the game, they make up and everything is fine and dandy. I am cool with the trash talking. I've done more than my fair share and dominated opponents when I do it. I don't say anything unless I know I can dominate the enemy. Wrestling is one sports I dominated at. Football on the most part. Basketball also.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Porter has been more bark than bite lately. I would rather see Harrison on the field.
    I also don't care what Porter say's about being a Steeler for life, he is like most other players and he will go to the highest bidder.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Hey all, let's remember one thing, regardless of how much Cowher liked Porter; if Harrison was that much better, don't you think he'd have been on the field more lately? Harrison is more injury prone than Porter is.

I like James alot, I think he brings a nasty, tough minded attitude to our LB's similar to Joey, Greg Lloyd, Lambert, you know it. The Steelers always have and always will have some trash talkers on their team, every team has it. It's just his way to get fired up and try to intimidate his opponent or maybe a better word is psyche them out. If he can get you focusing on him all day long or get your mind off your own game, he's won and it's to our advantage. Personally I like some trash talking on the field. Ive always liked Porter and he's been one of my favorites for a long time.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Hey all, let's remember one thing, regardless of how much Cowher liked Porter; if Harrison was that much better, don't you think he'd have been on the field more lately? Harrison is more injury prone than Porter is.
    It was about money and popularity that Porter was on the field and not Harrison. When givin the opportunity, Harrison produced on the field.
    And the injuries were while playing on sp. teams.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Doesn't matter if the injuries happened on ST or not, they still happened, just like Porters did on the field on Defense. Harrison is good, I personally love him on the field, but he's not better than Porter yet or he'd have been on the field more in situational opportunities. Sure Cowher had his favorites he always did; but Harrison had his turns on the field and he was good but not great.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Be happy, at least Porter does it a clean way and not put any physical confrontation into the game. Hey it motivates and fires up the team when he runs his mouth. I certain other Steelers Players have done it. Hines Ward rarely, but I've seen him running his mouth and getting into the corner's heads. Troy does it, Faneca does it, Hartings does it, Ben does it, and the list goes on. Trash talking is a part of sports, and normally most of time after the game, they make up and everything is fine and dandy. I am cool with the trash talking. I've done more than my fair share and dominated opponents when I do it. I don't say anything unless I know I can dominate the enemy. Wrestling is one sports I dominated at. Football on the most part. Basketball also.
    Undoubtedly it is a part of sports but should it be? The amount of unsportsmanlike conduct in sports is a major issue IMO and it is on the rise...

"I would rather win than have good sportsmanship."
    -Allen Iverson

That represents everything that is wrong with sports. What ever happened to treating you opponent with respect. So you tell him your big and bad when your beating him then shut your mouth when he is the one doing the whippin? That just shouldnt be part of it. Thats not apart of doing things the right way. You dont beat someone 100-50. You get up big you call off the dogs, hell in our meet against Utica we swam the entire 2nd half of the meet exhibition because beating a team into the ground isnt doing things the right way. Talking, taking extra shots just isnt right. That doesnt mean you should beat the living crap out of your opponent...

"I think sportsmanship means that you should be able to go 100 miles an hour and hit someone in the face, as many times as you want to and be able to get up and shake him in the hand and stare him in the face when you're done with it."
    -Jeff Lageman

"Good coaches teach respect for the opposition, love of competition, the value of trying your best, and how to win and lose graciously."
    -Brooks Clark

Ok enough tirade on sportsmanship, I'll stop the hijacking
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Thread Information