Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WILL PORTER MOVE ON ?

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    Are you ****ing kidding me, SteelerDan43? Porter is a powerhouse for our defense. So what, he trash talks. We have worse Trash Talkers in the NFL, ask Warren Fattie Sapp, Terrell Donkey Lips Owens, and the list is long as hell.
    As long as Porter can motivate the defense, hell we don't need to even think he doesn't. He is a force and I wouldn't trade him for anything else. I would be honored to meet Joey Porter in person and say, Your damn man that puts fire into our defense!

I just really really hate trash talking, it takes away from the team and just makes you look dumb. There is a proper way to go about winning and that includes good sportsmanship and trash talking is not apart of it
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    either was ben, and willie aside from one play, and a lot of everyone else...so what....porter is great for this team, he's a emotional leader and ppl follow............ you sound like my grandpa the way you are talking down on him
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

House of Steel
    Dan, just tell me something here. How long has trash talking been going on in all sports? VERY LONG TIME!!! It is a part of the game, it is a motivator, it is a momentum thing too, and on and on and on. Trash talking can be very entertaining to watch. Look what happened between Porter and William Green the one pre game warm up. LMAO. Chad and Joey are comedical. It is all in the game.

he waqs being blocked by walter jones.....do you know how good walter jones is? he was even better with hutchinson next to him. When the tried to put stevens on porter he made stevens his lady...jones was the only way

Ok, so over the past 5 years here are Porter's stats...

2002 - 9 sacks 89 tackles, 18th in the NFL
    2003 - 5 sacks 66 tackles in 14 games, even if you extrapolate that out to 16 games that is only 5.7 sacks
    2004 - 4 sacks 33 tackles in 8 games, that makes only 8 for the year
    2005 - 11 sacks 57 tackles, 11th in the NFL
    2006 - 7 sacks 55 tackles in 14 games, that would make 8 in 16 games which would tie him for 26th in the NFL with such names as Dansby of the Cardinals and Redding of Detroit.

So over the last 5 seasons he averaged 8.3 sacks and only played in 85% of the games that to me says inconsistent, not dominate, injury prone, and old
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but last year he lead all linebackers with sacks.............
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

stats are blinding, they dont tell what he does for our defense, or when hes making those sacks, when manning drops back on 3rd and long and is sacked on the goal line, who wrecked his ***? looking at stats is a terrible way to judge someone unless you are staright up comparing stats. Not to mention hes a very good cover linebacker and wont get it thrown his way very often....point is hes very versitile and is a difference make, whether you agree with his trah talking or not, whether you like him or not, you have to like what he brings to the table and what he does for the team.

I dont like what he brings to the team at all, year to year its a crap shoot with him, one year he is one of the best LB's in the league the next he is mediocre at best. Im glad he didnt get his money, he hasnt proved to be a year to year constant top LB guy like the money he wants. He is going to be 30 and already has had injury issues so I think to give him money next year would be stupid and put to much pressure on the cap. Hell if you want to compare this year if he plays all 16 games (which he didnt) his stats say he gets 8 sacks, 3 Ravens LBs and a Browns LB had more

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Dan, just tell me something here. How long has trash talking been going on in all sports? VERY LONG TIME!!! It is a part of the game, it is a motivator, it is a momentum thing too, and on and on and on. Trash talking can be very entertaining to watch. Look what happened between Porter and William Green the one pre game warm up. LMAO. Chad and Joey are comedical. It is all in the game.
    So since something happens it makes it right? Part of sports is sportsmanship, defined as "Conduct and attitude considered as befitting participants in sports, especially fair play, courtesy, striving spirit, and grace in losing." There is nothing about trash talking that even remotely falls into that.

"I always tell kids, you have two eyes and one mouth. Keep two open and one closed. You never learn anything if you're the one talking."
    -Gordie Howe

How is a pregame fight good for football? It shows that two men have so little restraint that they plain lose respect for the team they are apart of and the sport they play.

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Thread Information