Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WILL PORTER MOVE ON ?

Bookmark and Share

WILL PORTER MOVE ON ?

You guys think porter will stay ?
    I know he's a RFA but we could trade him and get some comp for him !
    Me personally i think he's gonna stay for less money,,,,,,simple because he said he wants to finish his career a STEELER and just maybe he'll love what the new coaches are bringing to the table

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    No Porter will stay he aint going anywhere

House of Steel
    Staying for sure, but he is going to accept less money.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    well actually, he's still under contract for next year........but him aging and wanting to get paid like a young person it's tough to see him back after next year..........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yes he is still under contract but he's let it be known he wants an extension and wants to finish his career with us. If Lebeau wasn't coming back I'd be more apt to think Joey would ask for a trade, but with most of his coaches returning I think he stays. We need leadership now more than ever, and his intensity is unmatched.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Yes he is still under contract but he's let it be known he wants an extension and wants to finish his career with us. If Lebeau wasn't coming back I'd be more apt to think Joey would ask for a trade, but with most of his coaches returning I think he stays. We need leadership now more than ever, and his intensity is unmatched.
    that's him just being politically correct........he'll stay if we pay him what he wants, and that's a lot, the rooney's are pretty damn cheap so unless he realizes he's old and not gonna be worth big bucks to keep here then i can see him staying, and i hope he does, i love porter....but he isn't worth putting our future cap wise in doubt, we still got to pay ben and troy.......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Gold Standard

He wanted to hold out last year

I think Bill Cowher talked him into not holding out last year! Hard to imagine him not making any contract demands this year. As much as Porter might love playing in the black&gold he has watched many teamates leave for greener pastures. Like Randle El in Washington! Granted Dan Snyder is an idiot and overpays all his players but he Randle El never gets 6 mil a year from the Rooneys! I believe Peezy wants a big payday! He's a west coast guy to begin with and I don't believe his loyalties lie with the Rooneys, they lied with Bill Cowher. We'll see soon enough!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We've let players go before who wanted too much money, in particular LB's like Gildon, Lloyd, Brown, Green , those were some big names so I don't expect the Rooney's to break the bank on Porter yet either. They'll offer him a raise but I doubt it will be for the money he wants. Im hoping he'll take their offer and stay cuz I love having him on the team.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Let him play his contract out and the we can can let him go FA in 2008. We can sign Haggans cheaper and he'll be playing for a new contract either with us or someone else. Harrison needs to be in the lineup and if Porter holds out for an extension, we better do good in the draft (aka Jackson bit us)

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

KEY WORD

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Let him play his contract out and the we can can let him go FA in 2008. We can sign Haggans cheaper and he'll be playing for a new contract either with us or someone else. Harrison needs to be in the lineup and if Porter holds out for an extension, we better do good in the draft (aka Jackson bit us)

DRAFT PICK,,,,,,,,, Would be nice to get a draft pick for a change instead of losing our players and getting nothing in return

Thread Information