Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall and Hampton Activated Off PUP List

Bookmark and Share
    The Steelers took Rashard Mendenhall off the Physically Unable to Perform list, which means they expect him to play during the first six weeks of the regular season.

But they don’t expect him to play Week One.

Mendenhall is not expected to be ready for the regular-season opener and may not play in any of the Steelers’ three September games, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

After suffering a torn ACL on January 1, Mendenhall hasn’t been expected to return for the start of the regular season, and it was a surprise when the Steelers took him off the PUP list today. But if he had stayed on the PUP list into the start of the season, he would have had to sit out at least the first six weeks of the regular season. Going off the PUP list now means the Steelers will have to count Mendenhall toward their 53-man roster limit, but they can put him on the field whenever he’s ready.

At the moment, it’s looking like the best bet for when Mendenhall is ready is Week Five against the Eagles, after the Steelers’ Week Four bye.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...play-week-one/

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Good news. We've needed some.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CowherPower View Post
    Worilds just baffles me, if his wrist is that bad why hasn't he had some type of surgery? Why haven't we heard more about his status? He hasn't talked the media and nobody is saying anything.
    Forget what I think of his ability for a second. This dude has the absolute worst luck. It seems like every time Harrison is out and we need a stand in, he's out too.

As for Mendy and BS, color me skeptical. That's an injury that takes about a year to recover from. I'd be surprised if they were able to go after only about 9 months, especially for a RB who does a lot of juking and cutting.

Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Mendy in this new system will be SICK! Mark it down!!
    Meh, I don't think there will be much of a difference. Also, alot of people on this forum think our offense is going to improve by leaps and bounds this year......color me skeptical on that as well.
    Release the Keisel!

My Mood
    Manic
    I thought Worilds did have surgery maybe they will waive /injured him and bring in a cut player or keep Johnson

Great news that hes on track for week 5/6? I'm a bit skeptically about this new oftenest too. Haley has his work cut out for him!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

The offense isn't going to be brilliant right away, but it will get better. And it will be far and away better than any Bruce Arians offense.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    The offense isn't going to be brilliant right away, but it will get better. And it will be far and away better than any Bruce Arians offense.
    There is going to be struggles early on no doubt (especially with the OL getting into sync with each other) but I can't to see a healthy Mendenhall in Haley's offense.........I hope Rashard isn't rushed also so I really wouldn't mind seeing him until October.........

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    There is going to be struggles early on no doubt (especially with the OL getting into sync with each other) but I can't to see a healthy Mendenhall in Haley's offense.........I hope Rashard isn't rushed also so I really wouldn't mind seeing him until October.........
    My thoughts exactly.

My Mood
    Ornery
    It's amazing that he's ready to go after blowing his knee up eight months ago.......this used to be a career ending injury. A healthy Mendy will be fun to watch in this offense!
    The Tradition Continues!!!

Thread Information