Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall and Hampton Activated Off PUP List

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGoldHaze View Post
    It's amazing that he's ready to go after blowing his knee up eight months ago.......this used to be a career ending injury. A healthy Mendy will be fun to watch in this offense!
    Does seem fast , doesn't it.

Mendy in... Batch out?

If player starts season on PUP list, is that player required to be out first six weeks OR first six games? Since bye week comes early, would be two different things. I have seen it referred to both ways.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Assuming that Redman does well for as long as he's the main back, I hope that if and when Mendenhall comes back that Haley splits the rushes better than Arians did. I've always been a component of not having one back that gets 90% of the carries, especially when that back (Mendenhall) is so prone to injuries. I want a 50-50 split of power and finesse. Give it to me Haley. Make me proud.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Assuming that Redman does well for as long as he's the main back, I hope that if and when Mendenhall comes back that Haley splits the rushes better than Arians did. I've always been a component of not having one back that gets 90% of the carries, especially when that back (Mendenhall) is so prone to injuries. I want a 50-50 split of power and finesse. Give it to me Haley. Make me proud.
    So prone to injures? He never had a serious injury in college, he had his rookie year cut short by a shoulder injury, and he tore his ACL in the final game if last season. I wouldn't say two injuries in his football playing life makes the man injury prone. Especially since they are two completely unrelated injuries, that happened years apart, and he hasn't had any issues with his shoulder since it happened. Mendenhall is built to be a feature back and carry the load for a team, and he's done just that the last three seasons (yes I realize that he had a down year last season compared to his usual numbers but he still wasn't bad).

If you were to say that since he's coming off a severe injury, then I can understand that. But he isn't "so prone to injuries."

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    So prone to injures? He never had a serious injury in college, he had his rookie year cut short by a shoulder injury, and he tore his ACL in the final game if last season. I wouldn't say two injuries in his football playing life makes the man injury prone. Especially since they are two completely unrelated injuries, that happened years apart, and he hasn't had any issues with his shoulder since it happened. Mendenhall is built to be a feature back and carry the load for a team, and he's done just that the last three seasons (yes I realize that he had a down year last season compared to his usual numbers but he still wasn't bad).

If you were to say that since he's coming off a severe injury, then I can understand that. But he isn't "so prone to injuries."
    Semantics

Semantics
    Lol ok then. Rant retracted lol...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Lol ok then. Rant retracted lol...
    You got what I was essentially trying to say though . Granted I'm not a physical therapist or anything, but coming off this injury that could very easily be re aggravated, it probably isn't the best idea to throw Mendy into games in mid October and make him carry most of the load. My love for Redman is probably making me a little biased on the subject, but it's just my 2 cents.

You got what I was essentially trying to say though . Granted I'm not a physical therapist or anything, but coming off this injury that could very easily be re aggravated, it probably isn't the best idea to throw Mendy into games in mid October and make him carry most of the load. My love for Redman is probably making me a little biased on the subject, but it's just my 2 cents.
    I see what you're saying. And they won't just throw him to the wolves. They'll work him into the rotation and ease him back into the starting role... Where, if healthy, he'll take over the league in this new offense behind a revamped and straight up nasty run blocking offensive line.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I see what you're saying. And they won't just throw him to the wolves. They'll work him into the rotation and ease him back into the starting role... Where, if healthy, he'll take over the league in this new offense behind a revamped and straight up nasty run blocking offensive line.
    You think so? I'm skeptical about how he'll do coming off this injury even in a limited role. I guess it remains to be seen though. The improved offensive line can't hurt.

Thread Information