Thread: Most physical Steelers training camp in a long time?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Most physical Steelers training camp in a long time?

If this isn't the most physical camp for the Steelers then it definitely ranks up there among those in that category. Maybe it's Haley's new offense, maybe it's all the new talent with so many open positions, or the quick exit from the playoffs last season but wow, so far there's been a lot of fights and scrapping going on. It's probably a combination of all those factors.

Antonio Brown and Ike Taylor got into it again over the weekend, so much so that they coaches and Kevin Colbert had a talk with them both. They are fine now but this is something like the 8th significant scuffle since camp started. I'm not talking about one player shoving another and they both walk away, I mean the ones where both guys are jawing at each other, punching, shoving, rolling on the ground, big time issues..if only temporary.

I think it's awesome, these guys are all over each other and things get heated with so much on the line.

@Ike_SwagginU: Me and @AntonioBrown84 we GOOD sometimes FAMILY members get into it
    We got it off our chest SHOOK hands AFTER
    NOW WE AT BREAKFAST
    SWURVE!

@AntonioBrown84: Please forgive me and my brother @Ike_SwagginU for the frustration in camp we love each other sincerely ! Meet us on Carson at Cafe Davio

What do you all think?

Good post, really i think camp fights are a non issue! Unless were talking about Steve Smith breaking the face of Ken Lucas. These things happen all the time at every level of football, and its usually 2 guys who are friends on and off the field. Coaches love it: I really think the only reason they had a meeting is because there were 30 something reporters tweeting and re-tweeting that and every other camp non issue!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Just don't want the injuries.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    All for it, as long as there are no injuries. Hate to see Brown break his hand punching Ike's helmet.

C-town

My Mood
    Manic
    FIGHTS ON THE FIELD ARE FINE FIGHTS IN THE LOCKER ROOM AREN'T COOL

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We know one thing, Antonio Brown can fight. He gave Ike Taylor a nice shiner after that throwdown the other day..LOL. This is really the first year that we've had fights of this magnitude from the Steelers. Pushing and shoving yeah but when players actually get black eyes and have to be separated by coaches then it's more heated than usual. These guys know what's at stake, giving 100% in camp is a good sign that they are ready to really knock some people on their *** in the regular season.

its actually not the most physical, the new CBA doesnt let there be as much contact practices. Just because 2 players lined up across from each other constantly brawl a little doesnt make it physical. This camp and last camp are mild compared to what tomlin used to put them through

My Mood
    Bungals
    Thats what I was thinking. I always thought that no pads is P_$$y football.

My Mood
    Clowns
    It's a good thing training camp is over on Friday, at this rate we might not have a team healthy enough to field because everyone is fighting..LOL.

Twitter updates today from Ed Bouchette said that Cam Heyward and Pouncey got into it pretty good.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Time flies!
    As training camp winds down, I like to reflect on the growth and extract all of the positives that arose from the pain and hard work.

I will say that the weather was great, the atmosphere was energizing, the fans were incredible, and my teammates, well, there are no words for how honored and blessed I feel to be surrounded by guys like these.
    The camaraderie that we develop as we overcome challenges together can only be described as, well, indescribable.

In all of my years as a Pittsburgh Steeler, I can say, without a doubt, that the 2012 training camp has been the most intense and productive that I have yet to be a part of. I’m impressed beyond words with the young guys and how fast they are developing. It seems like every year the rookies get more and more talented and driven. It’s a great feeling to know that we have so much strength coming in this year to reinforce our squad.
    As for me, I have been taking on more of a leadership role with my teammates. I have been a Pittsburgh Steeler for a decade now, and I know this organization as well as anyone.

I know how things need to be done and what is expected of us all. I am a man of few words; I tend to lead by example as I believe there is nothing more productive to a team or an individual than blood, sweat and tears — hard work.

I am somewhat selective with my words, but when I feel they can help, if I see that the team or an individual can use a push or is struggling a bit on or off the field, I want them to know that I am there to help. I feel that has been my strength and significant contribution as a veteran on this team.

As we wind down and get ready to head back to Pittsburgh, I find myself getting excited to get back home and sleep in my own bed. I miss the Pittsburgh summer; it reminds me of being back in my hometown, New Orleans. The energy and carefree atmosphere, people out and about walking their dogs and enjoying the summer, I can’t wait to get back to that.

As the season approaches, each of us starts to shift gears — it’s game time, time to make your mark and prove yourself. This is when all of your hard work during offseason and camp pays off.
    I hope you are ready Steeler Nation. We do this all for you!

Don’t forget to check back every Friday throughout the season, and you can keep up with me on Twitter during the week at @Ike_SwagginU. I’ll make sure to post training camp photos for you all.

Ike Taylor

Thread Information