Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timmons back outside if Harrison can't go?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Bungals
    I hope we get this injury bug out of the way NOW.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I'll third that, Timmons inside has the potential to be a probowler. Timmons outside is not only leaving a void in the middle but he brings absolutely nothing to that OLB position. Like K and others have mentioned here before: James Harrison is vastly underrated when it comes to the run game! I'd rafter put Cam in Diesels spot and have Brett move to OLB. Call me crazy (I know it will never happen) but I like that duo to be stout against the run and still generate the pass rush.

Other teams are doing that now with their defensive ends. The Colts with Freeny and Mathis, and last year the Texans did it too. Keisel won't outrun anybody but he can bullrush a good number of the tackles in this league or blow up a tight end.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Other teams are doing that now with their defensive ends. The Colts with Freeny and Mathis, and last year the Texans did it too. Keisel won't outrun anybody but he can bullrush a good number of the tackles in this league or blow up a tight end.
    Well both the Colts and Texans went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 forcing guys who were used to playing with their hands on the ground to stand up. Mario Williams did it pretty well, im curious to see how Mathis and Freeney adapt. I cant imagine Freeney taking on a pulling guard (Willie Colon) from a OLB position. Kiesel could EASILY take on T's and G's in the run game and still stack up the run, shed and make a play. Plus, I'd love to watch a RB/TE attempt to handle him in a blitz pickup off the edge, lol!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers are so old school though that I'm not sure they'd consider using Keisel in a situation like that unless literally every linebacker went down. Even then they'd play some version of the 43 for the time being. Hell though, Keisel coming off the edge just picking up his man and walking him backwards or destroying a RB in blitz pickup would be fun to watch.

Hood seems to be more of a pass rusher than a run stopper anyway, and his quickness and agility could be potent in that role too.

Timmons back outside if Harrison can't go?

Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Heywood is another name your not hearing much about in camp....How is his camp going???...For that matter you are hearing less about Ziggy.......This has to be his breakout season so far he has not shown much........
    I read he was having good camp i.e. Heyward but don't know specifics. I'm tired - is it Heyward or Heywood?? Can't remember
    Last edited by Root4Stlrs; 08-16-2012 at 10:42 PM.

My Mood
    Manic
    Timmons isn't an OLB that's why he plays inside they have to find out what Carter and Worilds can do instead of keeping bthem around for 3 or 4 fruitless years

It's heyward and he had a back injury that slowed him down for a couple days but i personally think that not hearing anything is good it means he is on track
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 08-16-2012 at 11:12 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    already over worilds... give carter the reps during preseason and see what he can do i guess b/c timmons wasnt the answer either
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    The Steelers are so old school though that I'm not sure they'd consider using Keisel in a situation like that unless literally every linebacker went down. Even then they'd play some version of the 43 for the time being. Hell though, Keisel coming off the edge just picking up his man and walking him backwards or destroying a RB in blitz pickup would be fun to watch

didnt they (YEARS AND YEARS AGO) experiment with standing Kiesel up during a training camp?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information