Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will HARTINGS RETIRE

Bookmark and Share

RETIRE

I think jeff will retire,,,,,,,,,,,Not sure about chuck
    I just can't seem to get manny ramirez outta my head and how great he would look in the black & gold

we really dont have any gaping holes this year, last year was a mess in general and i blame that on bens lack of staying healthy, and cowhers lack of motivation, the more i think about it the more i think that oline and linebackers arent really THAT big of a deal and we have no idea how this new coach is gonna draft. I think our roster is pretty much together, i really have no idea on how tomlin is gonna approach the draft this year, i dont think we go oline in the first, we would take blalock or brown, but i dont think that is our biggest issue because although inconsistant, last year our oline was dominate at times, and i think that can be credited to gameplan issues from cowher just not being into it anymore....idk, im over analyzing im gonna go cry now

I'm sure they kept Okobi around for a reason... so I wouldn't be suprised if he was good, but I wouldn't put all my stock into a guy who had career saving neck surgery six months ago.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If we didn't draft an OL in 2007 we could have a pretty darn good one made up of guys on our team already, just shake up the line up some and we could be golden. Of course that implies that everybody steps up their game, but overall I think this team would be foolish not to atleast address some depth at OL and LB early on.

and what about essex in all of this? are we just giving up on him? no one has brought him up

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Not at all, we have some really good potential on this team now at OL with Essex, Kemoeatu, Okobi, Colon. I like Chris K's aggressive attitude and mean streak similar to what Colon has, I think those 2 could make a formidable right side of the line. Essex did show some potential like he, Kemoeatu, and Colon, we need to see them play more before we can make a judgement call.

House of Steel
    Excellent points, guys. I think Jeff Hartings may have one more season in him and may come back thinking this could be yet another Super Bowl Season. We do have a core of guys that are capable of putting good protection for Ben and company.

My Starters:

Smith
    Faneca
    Hartings (Okobi [ This guy had neck surgery, I am not sold on him or his neck being healed] or Simmons will battle if Hartings retires)
    Kemoeatu (Essex could fit into the puzzle here also, there is going to be a battle for this spot)
    Colon (Starks being the odd man out)

Simmons, you have to give him a little slack cause he is diabetic and that has a tendency to make your body go whack. I will give him a little benefit of the doubt. I like our chances. I agree we need to get a Guard or Center on day 1 of the draft. We also need to look into a couple picks for the defense and secondary. A backup Running Back that can power his way for a few yards to give Willie some rest would be highly beneficial also, I see this in Day 2. We'll see. Excellent thread going here. You guys are really hitting the nail.
    Last edited by House of Steel; 01-27-2007 at 09:39 PM.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Also who is the OL coach going to be? I heard we brought the guy from Buffalo in for an interview.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Also who is the OL coach going to be? I heard we brought the guy from Buffalo in for an interview.
    Yeah, Larry Zierlein... He has coached with both Arians and Tomlin in the past. Who knows?

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I hope Harting's retires...one cuz of his knees and two so we don't cut him. The reason for that is he already took a pay cut as did Staley (hes gone) so if we cut Hartings what kind of message is that to other players to take a pay cut? Philips? we or Cowher must have liked him to carry 3 centers on the roster.....we don't need 3 C's, Chukki might get cut also Colon will be a beast for us at T. Starks hasn't lived up to his potential yet, he could be a beast BUT how long are we going to wait? offer him a minimum tender to at least get a 3rd rd pick if someone does pick him up, I think he'll be with us a little longer. Time to get a replacement to get ready to take over for Simmons, he ain't getting any younger. We could probably make do with what we got especially if theres a chance of us reaching for a OL that isn't there. We need an OLB first....IMHO.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information