Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will HARTINGS RETIRE

Bookmark and Share

Will HARTINGS RETIRE

If so how do you guy's like his replacement ?
    What do you think TOMLIN will do with our O-LINE ?
    We all know Faneca is a shoe in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, But what about !!!!!
    Smith,simmons,starks & Hartings if he retire's ????????

Smith, faneca, phillips, ?, Colon

right guard all depends on the draft

O-LINE

Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    Smith, faneca, phillips, ?, Colon

right guard all depends on the draft
    So you think Simmons is odd man out

damn the more i think about it the less sure i am, we have Chris K, Simmons, Essex, Phillips, Colon, Starks, Faneca, Smith....i like to think essex wasnt a comlete waste of a second round pick, colon is a beast, i dont know if starks will be back, the left side is locked up pretty good, phillips is a nasty mother****er, chris k has a mean streak, colon picks fights with everyone....if those 3 guys start next year we will have the meanest right side of an offensive line in the nfl

not to mention okobi.....damn we have a lot of lineman, and hartings might not call it quits

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Smith
    Faneca
    Okobi
    Kemoeatu
    Starks or Colon

I'd almost be willing to bet money that will be our guys this year. Starks will have a fight on his hands because Colon is mean and hungry so that should be a good battle.

I really think Jeff should hang it up, the guy is a scrapper and tough as nails but he's got no knees left and Okobi is ready to step in. Simmons hasn't played well since his knee injury really so he's gotta be the odd man out at this point IMO.

I think Jeff will retire... and I'm not convinced Chucky Okobi or Marvin Philip is the answer. I wouldn't mind seeing them select one of the top centers in the draft.

phillips looked good in preseason....idk theres no great centers this year like mangold, kalil, but he seems like a denver or atlanta type guy with the zone blocking, smaller oline

Gold Standard

Hartings should retire IMHO

Faneca and Marvel Smith have been pretty good on the left side and that seemed to be the dominant side the Steelers liked to run behind. The right side of the line was more problematic. The play where Bart Scott nearly knocked Ben into next week he came from the right side untouched! Max Starks has played very inconsistently. He is a restricted free agent and I believe if someone offers him a big payday the Steelers will not match it. Willie Colon played well I thought considering he was a rookie and could replace Starks. Kendall Simmons I believe could still be good if he played between a new center and Willie Colon. I like Colon's feistiness! He comes from the Bronx and plays with an attitude. We have 2 other centers on the roster in Chucki Okobi and Marvin Philip but I have no idea if these guys are good enough to anchor a run oriented offensive line. I believe that we will draft an O-lineman in the first or second round. Ryan Kalil is the best center available and is projected to be a second rounder. Maybe the Steelers get a D-lineman in the first and a center in the second.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think we'll take an OL on day 1, although Im not sure it's a center. Chukki hasn't gotten enough playing time with the starters to really be able to judge how good he will be. Cowher was always hell bent on keeping his guys in until the last possible second and continued poor play, and he was a pro bowler I don't think Chukki could have unseated him no matter how well he played. I'd like to see him get in there, he's built similar to Mike Webster in his style of play and build so he could be something special for us; not that Im comparing him the great Mike Webster mind you.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Don't be suprised if Simmons is moved to center. Remember Jeff Hartings was a guard with the Lions but when he signed with the Steelers he was moved to center. So Simmons might end up at center. I'm sure we might see Simmons working at center at the start of camp.

As for Starks I don't know if somebody will sign him. They would have to give up a draft to do since he is a restricted free agent. As for Willie Colon if Starks is back (which I think he will be) then Colon might end up at RG. Some say he is a better fit at guard anyway.

The two wild cards in this is Chris Kemoeatu and Marvin Philip.

Thread Information