Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you realistically expect to get out of Troy Polamalu this year?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

What do you realistically expect to get out of Troy Polamalu this year?

31 years old.

I would expect he'll start 12 games. And rack up about 40 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and 3 INTs. May a forced fumble in there too.

Hey look who it is. Haven't seen you around here in a minute. Good to see you

I'd expect Troy to be Troy. The man may not be 25 anymore but he's still one of the best defensive playmakers in the game and a difference maker.

How about Mr. Reed? What do you expect out of him this season? 33 years old.

Good to see you too.

I think Reed will pretty much mail it in all season. Try and "ballhawk" every play. He'll make a couple nice picks but leave his corner hanging out to dry more times than not. If the Ravens make the playoffs, I think Reed will try to put some big hits on guys. Most likely injure himself in the process and end his career for good.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFlaccoSaysHi View Post
    Good to see you too.

I think Reed will pretty much mail it in all season. Try and "ballhawk" every play. He'll make a couple nice picks but leave his corner hanging out to dry more times than not. If the Ravens make the playoffs, I think Reed will try to put some big hits on guys. Most likely injure himself in the process and end his career for good.
    I can see that but the man is still one of the smartest defensive players in the game. If he's smart, he can make up for what he loses physically by using his head. Much like Peyton Manning has done the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I can see that but the man is still one of the smartest defensive players in the game. If he's smart, he can make up for what he loses physically by using his head. Much like Peyton Manning has done the last few years.
    He's smart, but I felt the defense was better all-around when Tom Zbikowski was in there instead of Ed. At least the last couple years. The guy is just too beat up and once a game he gives the other team a huge play with his freelancing.

i think troy will be good actually...lot of talent up front and a lot of up and coming talent at CB. This year could be one of his better seasons, which would be good cause its gotta be one of his last (with us anyway)

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If I say welcome back, does that mean I admit that you're not the worst Ravens fan I've ever met?

I expect Troy to play at a high level this year still. I wonder how many chances he will take this year as opposed to years past. Does he have the closing speed if he guesses wrong on a play? We'll see...

I don't think he knows any way to play other than what he's used too. For at least the next couple of seasons I think he's still got it in him if he can stay healhty.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Ah yes I remember you...LOL, welcome back... I think!

I expect Troy to be Troy, or atleast try to be Troy. He only knows one way to play and I think for the time being he's still young enough to play at that level, be explosive and take chances. I'm interested to see how he adjusts his game in the coming years as father time gets closer to snagging him. Or does he keep going crazy on the field and when he realizes it's just not there, he retires?

We need him to be the guy we're used to seeing, we're a better defense with him on the field.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think he will have a good year myself.

What do you realistically expect to get out of Ed Reed this year?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    What do you realistically expect to get out of Ed Reed this year?
    A player who's very timid because he's thinking about lying on some beach someplace. LOL
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information