Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Peter King doesn't think much of the Steelers O-Line

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Id roll with Dwyer over redman every single time, to me its clear hes the superior back. If dwyer doesnt get touches because redman is slightly more experienced im gonna be really annoyed. Mendenhall blows them both away talent wise, but when dealing with misfits and backups you have to take the higher upside back eventually

also, peter king is an idiot. i would kill for his job though
    Hi K Train.

Although I disagree that Dwyer is "clearly" the superior back (based on what?), I think we can both take comfort in the knowledge that both backs will get plenty of touches as long as Mendy is out. One guy running 30 times per game is just not done much anymore. They will settle it on an NFL field, playing behind an NFL line and running against an NFL defense instead of vanilla defenses played by people whose ultimate destination will be a practice squad.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There's no way on this green earth that Dwyer gets the lions share of the carries over Redman unless that groin injury turns out to be more serious than we think now. The experience factor will always play into it with the Steelers when choosing starters.

You gotta admit Ktrain, Redman atleast deserves a shot to start based on what he's done the last two years right?

My Mood
    Sunshine
    The coaching staff work with both players every day and they choose Redman over Dwyer for a reason, Ktrain is a hater plain and simple.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    There's no way on this green earth that Dwyer gets the lions share of the carries over Redman unless that groin injury turns out to be more serious than we think now. The experience factor will always play into it with the Steelers when choosing starters.

You gotta admit Ktrain, Redman atleast deserves a shot to start based on what he's done the last two years right?
    I have to agree with Blitz. I'm on record in saying I think Dwyer is better. But If Redman is healthy, he should get the initial start. It's Dwyer's job to beat him out.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    The coaching staff work with both players every day and they choose Redman over Dwyer for a reason, Ktrain is a hater plain and simple.
    its not plain and simple hate, dont try and make it look that way. I do not think redman is NFL quality and skipping him proving that would be better than suffering through his mediocrity. I do not have a problem with him on the roster, ive spent countless hours saying why i dont think hes anything more than a marginally serviceable starter but i also think he has a role, its just not a starting one or it shouldnt be at least. Hes done nothing to earn it, hes jsut managed to stick around longer than anyone else, his actual body of work is nothing, and even though its more than dwyer.....its still just such a small amount of experience in the big scheme of things, its not rocket science to run the football. If dwyer is in shape which until this year he hasnt been, hes the more talented back, has the higher ceiling, and is the bigger investment. What you see with redman is what you get, hes maxed out, i think dwyer deserves a shot and if he does well we could have a back thats tradable in 2 years ala michael turner in SD or our very own starting RB

My Mood
    Bungals
    Peter king lives up to his first name and acts like his last name. I don't get SI anymore because of his bloviating.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    SI has needed more new blood for years now. Most of those guys will still tell you Don Shula is the best coach they ever saw.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    The oline has been bad the last six years. They are a work in progress. I believe Adams and decastro will grow. Give them more than one preseaeson game. geez!
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information